Chapter 5- Studio Visit

On the whole van ride to Hunter’s studio he kept a conversation going about how great of a video editor I am, which was quite flattering. If only he knew that I can sing too.

The van we were riding in was all blacked out and we had to the turn the lights on inside in order to be able to see each other’s faces, because it was now dark outside. I sent a quick text to my mom and told her what was happening, to which she obviously didn’t believe and she called me right after.

-Phone conversation between my mom and me-

M: “Sara Drew I don’t believe you, where the hell are you!”

S: “Mom I told you what’s going on, I know it sounds farfetched but it’s the truth.”

I glanced over at Hunter who had stopped talking to his manager because I guess my phone conversation was a little bit more interesting.

S: “Hang on just a second.”

H: “She doesn’t believe you does she? Here want me to talk.”

S: I had to try not to laugh as I put my phone on speaker in order for him to talk to my mom. “Mom you’re on speaker and I’ve got someone here who wants to help me prove to you that I’m not lying.”

H: “Hi Mrs. Drew I’m Hunter and I’m sitting right here with your daughter, I promise she’s not lying to you.”

My mom went silent for a minute and I was biting my lips not to laugh.

M: “Okay well what if you’re just a really good voice impersonator or something, can you two send me a picture of you two together?”

I sighed and Hunter picked up my phone and we took a selfie together and sent it to my mom while still on the phone with her.

M: “Alright, alright I believe you now Sara. Sorry for doubting you let me know what you’re up to okay.”

S: “Okay love you mom.”

-I hung up my phone and turned to talk to Hunter again-

S: “You practically could hear her shock that was great!”

H: “I was trying so hard not to laugh about that! Hey um Sara about that picture, if you do post it anywhere can you not tell about location and stuff?”

S: “Yeah no problem I’m not one of those jerks that would do that to you, promise.” I held out my pinkie finger and he laughed and we pinkie swore about it.

For the rest of the van ride to Nashville all of us were quiet because we honestly ran out of things to talk about, at least until Jerry, his manager, brought up something to talk about.

J: “So Sara, do you have any talents?”

S: “I guess I’m an alright singer.”

J: “Really? Wanna sing something?”

Hunter nudged me with his shoulder and whispered he’d back me up with wanted, if I wanted to. I laughed and he grabbed to karaoke duet version with words on YouTube, on his phone.  

I waited until the chorus and he kept nudging me telling me not to worry, I picked it up right when it started with;

“'Cause I wanna wrap you up

Wanna kiss your lips

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it

Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted”

Hunter just sat there next to me holding his phone for lyrics and he was so surprised he forgot to back me up. I finished the song and Jerry spoke up first.

J: “Wow girlie, you can sing, and really well at that!”

H: “Pure undiscovered talent!”

I sat there blushing hoping Hunter wouldn’t notice and then he did. He put his arm over my shoulders just like he did in the secret tunnel.

Then we pulled up to his studio in Nashville.

~~~~~~~~~~

A.N. Oooh is something brewing, what will happen with Sara and her now discovered talent? Will Jerry offer her to be signed or what?

Y'all will just have to keep reading in order to find out! Love y'all ~Emily