Chp 16: I'm always here for you

Comenzar desde el principio

I got up, went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, fashed my face and went down internally praying that no one notices that I cried last night.

*-*-*-*-*

After the breakfast, I again went to my room, again, locking the door. But there was a difference this time. I decided not to cry. I decided that I will divert my concentration.

Tomorrow's Monday which means a calculus test. Maybe I should study for that. But I have already studied for that.

Should I ask Alyx if he has a problem? But I know he would question me about yesterday. Leave him, everyone would of I go to their house. But I needed to go out, go there where I find happiness and warmness instead of being here, in the cold, lifeless house where people hardly even talk.

So, I need to break it to my mom and Chris that no matter what they say, I'm going to stay with the guys at the house.

I headed down and saw Chris watching TV and mom reading some book. Now you know where I get the nerdy quality from.

I went to my mom.

"Mom, Charissa was asking about my stay over. Can I go?"

I looked at her with pleading eyes and she looked at me and then Chris who was still watching TV.

"Adria, I don't dislike them. It's just that I am scared. You've never stayed over at anyone's house."

"Mom, if I can stay alone in my house, I can stay with my friends at their house."

My mom looked at me, unsure of what to say. She was thinking and after giving it a long thought, she said, "It's okay for me then but what about Chris?"

"I have your permission and that's more than I need."

I glanced back at Chris who was still engrossed in whatever in the hell he was watching.

I sighed in relief once I closed my room door behind me. I started packing my backpack. But I've forgotten to call him.

I called him and he picked it up. "Hey."

"Hey. Tomorrow's our test. Are you prepared?"

"I guess but I want to know more surely."

"So are you free right now?"

"Yeah. I'm coming to pick you up in ten minutes."

"You don't need to pick me up. I'll come myself."

"Oh no. I'm here in the grocery shop next lane, really close to your house."

"Okay."

I got up and went to get ready. I was excited to go with him to the house. At least it will make me think about something better.

One hour ago, I was crying and right now, I'm excitedly getting ready. I brushed my hair, and washed my teary face and went down with my notebook.

My phone rang and I went out. When I was out, Alyx waved at me and motioned me to come. I rushed over to him.

When I was close enough, he looked suspiciously at me. I realized that he must be looking at my red eyes or blotchy face.

"Get in, brainy."