15

Sam P.O.V.

Kalin and Aliche have been gone for an hour and I'm already tired of third wheeling with Myles and Nicole. On the bright side, they were being very considerate of my presence. On the down side, I could still feel the sexual tension in the room. I got up from the chair I was sitting in and grabbed my phone.

"Where are you going?" asked Nicole.

"I'm going to go for a walk," I replied not turning around.

"Do you want us to come with? We can get some food or something."

I turned around and looked at them, "Um, nah. You guys stay here and do...what couples do." Myles gave me a thank you look. I nodded my, "Have fun," I mumbled and walked out the door.

Once I got outside, I realized I had no idea where I was going or what I was going to do. The only thing I can remember from living here was the picnic park and the mall and I didn't want to go to either place. I walked back inside the hotel and went to the concierge desk. The woman sitting at the desk was on the phone and signaled me to wait. A few seconds later, she ended the call and smiled at me. "How may I help you?"

"Hello," I read her name tag, "Leslie, do you know if there is anything to do around here?"

"Bored?" she laughed. I chuckled and nodded my head. "Well you're in luck. The carnival just came into town. It's so much fun, I take my daughter every year. Unfortunately, I can't this time because I'll be working,"

"I'm sorry to hear that. Is the carnival far?"

She thought about it for a second, "It's about a thirty minute walk from here. I could call you a taxi?" she reached for the phone.

"No, no. It's fine, I have a driver I can call. But I will need directions."

"Of course, sir," she grabbed a sticky note and a pen and began writing the directions down. I sent a text to Jeff asking for Will, the driver, to come pick me up. The woman handed me the note.

"Thank you," I smiled at her.

"No problem, have a great time. Eat some funnel cake for me." I nodded my head and waved goodbye. When I got outside, Will was waiting patiently for me in the car. I gave him the directions and he drove off. It was a ten minute drive from the hotel. I thanked Will and told him I would call him when I was ready to leave, I didn't want him waiting hours for me.

The carnival was loud and bright. There were families, friends, and couples walking around having a great time. I wish I had more friends, we would be able to hang out and have such a great time. But I am the fifth wheel of the group, especially now that Kalin and Aliche are most likely dating. I went up to a booth and ordered a funnel cake with powdered sugar and a water. I sat down at an empty table and ripped off a piece of the treat. "This one is for you, Leslie." I ate the messy snack.

"Who's Leslie?"

I jumped from the stranger's voice. I turned and saw a girl with long blonde hair and a cute little nose. From the sound of her voice she was probably from London. She looked about my age. I just stared at her, lost for words. She was beautiful, probably to anyone else she would have seemed normal, but not to me. There was something about her, not like with Aliche. This was different. A good and better different.

"I'm sorry, that was weird. I shouldn't have asked," she started to walk away.

I shook my head, "Wait, no!" The girl turned back around and looked at me. "That wasn't weird at all."

She hurried back to my table, "Good, I thought I was invading your privacy. I was just really curious as to why you dedicated a bite of funnel cake to someone," she chuckled shyly.