21

First off, I want to thank y'all for over 1,000 reads! I didn't really think was going to get many reads so I am very happy!

Last chapter was a huge surprise and I am sorry, but I laughed at some of the responses I got! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Aliche P.O.V.

Ring. Ring.

My phone buzzed a few times before I actually picked it up. I looked at the caller ID, but the number wasn't recognized. I looked at the timeit's 2:30 in the morning.

Who could possibly be calling me now?

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"MS. GARCIA!"

I sat up in bed, "Melanie?"

"Ms. Garcia, please help me," she cried.

"Melanie,what's going on? What's wrong?"

"Mommy and her friend, I'm scared!"

"Sweetheart, do not hang up this phone. I will be there as quickly as possible."

"OK."

I rushed out of my bed and threw on some leggings and a tank top. I ran to my office on the other side of the house and searched through some files. I found the papers that contain information on my students. I looked through the stack until I found Melanie. I typed her address into my phone, "Melanie, are you still there?"

"Yes, ma'am," I could hear the shake in her voice and my heart broke. I hopped into my car and sped to her house. It was in a bad part of town. I pulled into her driveway and saw the front door ajar. I slowly approached the house, regretting not bringing any sort of weapon to protect myself.

"Melanie, where are you?" I whispered into the phone.

"I'm sitting in a closet," I walked around the house quietly until I came across a small door. I grabbed the door knob and twisted it. Inside was a little girl crouching in a corner, clutching on to a white Pooh bear.

"Melanie, it's me."

Her eyes lit up and she jumped into my arms, "Ms. Garcia! I was so scared!"

"Melanie, tell me exactly what happened."

"Mommy's friend came to pick me up from school. He pulled my hair and brought me inside the house," she took a big breath, "Then I saw Mommy and ran to her, but she was acting weird. She was walking weird and her words came out funny. I think she just came back from that place we talked about."

"The club," I answered.

"That place! Then her friend sent me to bed without dinner. After I went to sleep, he came into my room and started to touch me. That's when-"

I stopped her, "Did you say he touched you?" She nodded her head, "touched you where?" Melanie pointed between her legs.

Words cannot describe how pissed off I am, that some man almost raped a little girl. I picked up my phone and called the cops, telling them the situation.

"Honey, you are coming with me, OK?" She nodded happily. I picked her up and walked down the hall hoping to find her room. Once found, I set her down on her bed. I went to her closet and found a suitcase. I began to throw some of her clothes into it and she helped by going through her drawers. We closed the suitcase and I picked her up. We walked out of her room, when we were stopped.

"Where do you think you're going with my daughter?" It was a woman of maybe her mid thirties. She was drunk.

"I am taking Melanie with me." I said, standing up straight with the child tight on my hip.