Duel academy- questions need answers

After a long class of beating the hell out of the armoured moron, I was feeling pretty good! I actually cracked a smile which was rare for me. But I had this nagging feeling that something wasn't right... maybe it was the unfamiliar surroundings or maybe it was that memory of obelisk force... either way I needed to think.

I stood on the roof of the academy, watching the sunset across the horizon. The gentle breeze made my coat sway as I looked out and was lost in my thoughts.

Y/n: *thinking* "who am I? Why are my cards real here? And what is duel academy? So many loose ends and no way to tie them together..."

I reach for my deck and sit down looking at my blue eyes white dragon.

Y/n: "what are we doing here old friend? Where did we come from?"

I hear the roof door click, it swings open as Blake walks up. She lifts her head and notices me

Blake: "oh sorry. I didn't know anyone else was up here."

Y/n: "it's all good. There's room for two."

Blake smiles as she sits next to me on the rooftop, our feet dangling over the side.

Blake: "So... w-what brings you up here?"

Y/n: "I'm just trying to make sense of everything. I have so many questions and no way to answer them. It's insane."

Blake: "I know that feeling."

Y/n: "you seem pretty calm and collective, what stops you from being at peace?"

Blake: "there are things in the world that aren't so black and white. Things in my past that still haunt me and I can't get away from. Honestly it's exhausting."

Y/n: "there's something different about you..."

Blake: "you're one to talk, mr cards and backflips! Speaking of which where did you learn to fight like that?"

Y/n: "I don't know. There has to be something I can do to help remember my past but..."

Blake: "but what? You can tell me Y/n, I won't judge you" she places her hand on my knee and looks up at me. I feel my cheeks grow red as I don't know what to do! "I promise."

Y/n: "I uh... I-I, well you see I..."

Blake: *smirks* "and suddenly the bad boy, lone wolf veil is lifted to reveal the real Y/n. I kinda like him just as much as the other guy."

Y/n: *laughs nervously* "I'm a little out of my comfort zone right now!"

Blake: "just relax. I'm only trying to help you loosen up~"

Y/n: "Blake what if I don't like who I was? What if I can only be happy if I don't remember who I am?"

Blake: "you can't just wish it away. The past is the past and it'll never change. You have a chance to start over and make something new for your life! Maybe finding out who you were is the first step to starting over again."