Ten

After answering the question, Ian returned to his seat next to me. I was stunned and didn't know how to react. Yes, he'd told me earlier how he'd felt back then. And if our kisses were any indication, not much had changed. Nonetheless, it was hard to believe. I'd spent so much time trying to forget about him, and it had worked. He'd still been there, lingering in the back of my mind, but I hadn't thought about him in ages. Not until he turned up here, anyway. Hadn't it been similar for him?

The game went on, but I simply couldn't stop thinking about Ian's confession. I only started paying attention again when Martin got up and picked a piece of paper from the dares basket. He'd only chose truth up until now, so I was rather surprised. A smirk spread across his face as he read the dare. "Kiss the person to your right."

Ian stiffened next to me. He was quicker on the uptake than I was. It took me until Martin stood right in front of me to realise what it meant -- Martin would be kissing me. With Ian sitting right next to us. Crap.

He cupped my head with his large hands, and without any hesitation kissed me harshly. I was taken aback by the aggressive kiss, seeing as Martin seemed so gentle. That wasn't to say I didn't enjoy it. He was an amazing kisser, and for a second I almost forgot about Ian. Almost. Even though Martin clearly didn't want to stop yet, I pulled back after a few seconds.

Martin grinned smugly as Ian clenched his jaw next to me. At this point, I realised that Martin had used the opportunity to show Ian he wouldn't back down without a fight. Clearly, he'd thought Ian would choose me. So he let him know, he wouldn't just let him take me away from him.

Anger flared up inside me. I was going to say something but remembered that it was my turn now. So I got up, took a dare out of the basket, and read, "Give the person to your right a hickey."

That slapped the grin right off Martin's face. Good. And, this time, I at least didn't have to choose who to do it to. This time, the dare chose for me.

Ian looked at me expectantly as I walked up to him. I gave him a smile before attaching my lips to his neck. He shivered once I touched his skin and I held back a chuckle, beginning to suck and kiss the tender skin on his neck. Suddenly, he let out a quiet moan. I quickly retracted, assessing my work. Yeah, that would be visible for quite a while.

Just after I'd sat down again, I heard a phone ring. It was Ian's. He read the text out loud and sighed. "Time to choose, I guess."