15 - "You can tell me anything"

*Melissa's POV*

The boys never had parties. Never. Since they became a band they had had probably one party. So when I got a text from Zach inviting me to one, I was not only shocked but confused what it was for. Something had to be going on. Then it made more sense when Corbyn sent me a text in all caps that Christina was here.

I haven't talked to Jack in a full week since he slept over at my house. It was really making me mad and sad and frustrated. I grabbed a blue dress and put it on. I hated dresses so they better thank me. I curled my hair and put on some makeup. Then I sat around in my house for a good thirty minutes until Daniel came over to pick me up.

After waiting, there was a knock at my door. I answered it and instead it was Jonah.

"I thought Daniel was coming..." I trailed off.

"You thought wrong," Jonah laughed.

"Well, I see that," I laughed.

"Let's go," Jonah said. We both walked to the car and then Jonah drove us over. When we walked into the party there were already a couple people there. Right away, Christina ran over to me and practically tackled me in a hug.

"Oh my god, Mel, I missed you so much!!" Christina said as she hugged me.

"I missed you too," I laughed and hugged her back.

Then Daniel came up to me. He gave me a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Sorry Jonah picked you up, I was cooking," Daniel said.

"Cooking? Since when can you cook?" I asked.

"Melissa, I am a talented man. How dare you not acknowledge my skills. Also, you might not want to eat anything," Daniel said. Daniel still couldn't cook. I laughed to myself and looked through the crowd. Jack was talking to some other girl, both of them smiling and laughing. I'd never seen her before.

"Hey, I asked you something," Daniel said and touched my arm.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"Nothing, never mind," Daniel put both hands in his pockets and looked down.

"You can tell me," I said.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go outside and get some air," Daniel said. I had a feeling that wasn't what he had said but I went with it. I nodded my head and Daniel intertwined our fingers. He lead us out to a patio where there were some people but hardly any. Most people were inside. Out here were Zach, a couple girls, and a couple boys I'd never seen before. Daniel sat down on a couch and I sat next to him.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked me.

"Yeah, fine. Why?" I asked.

"You seemed pretty distracted in there," Daniel nodded back to the house. I shrugged and looked at my hands in my lap. I had been distracted. I hated to admit it but I had been distracted.

"You can tell me anything," Daniel said and took one of my hands. He held it and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. I looked at his face and he looked so concentrated.

"I know," I nodded.

"Then why aren't you telling me?" Daniel asked. He looked into my eyes with such an intensity I almost wanted to look away.

"There's nothing to tell. Nothing weird is going on. Everything's okay. Everything is perfect," I said. At the last part I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"You sure?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, I'm perfect," I replied. I leaned in and kissed him. He kissed me back.

"Ewww!!!" Zach yelled from across the room. I turned and looked at Zach. He was just teasing. He laughed a little and waved at me.

"You're a dork," I laughed at Zach.

"Yes I am," Zach said proudly and puffed out his chest. Daniel and I both started laughing. Then Jonah walked outside and sat next to me on the other side of the couch.

"Hey kids," Jonah said.

"Jonah, you're not THAT much older than us you know," I shook my head at him.

"Whatever. Daniel, that food you made was crap," Jonah said.

"I told you not to eat it," Daniel said in his defense.

"You can't cook. Next time we are not being cheap and just getting the caterers. I don't care what anyone has to say about it," Jonah laughed.

A girl with dark red hair and brown eyes walked over excitedly to Jonah. He gave a big smile up at her. Daniel and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes then both laughed.

"Hey, Jonah," the girl said.

"Do I know you?" Jonah asked and tilted his head to the side. He still had that big grin on his face.

"Oh, no actually," the girl said. Jonah got off the couch and put his arm across the girls shoulders.

"Something tells me I will in a minute," Jonah smiled at her. The girls cheeks turned almost the same shade as her hair. Daniel and I both laughed again.

"Zach, now that is ewww!!" Daniel yelled to Zach and pointed to Jonah. Jonah turned around and glared at Daniel. Daniel, Zach, and I all burst out laughing. Then there was a loud sound inside. We all turned and looked at each other. There was a mix of cheering and shouting which could only mean one thing.

A fight.