"Lovely," muttered Mila, trying not to imagine how Eddie - her good friend from high school who she had introduced to Joanna - looked while caught in an intimate state of pleasure. Eddie was incredibly smart for twenty-three years old and one of the kindest people Mila had ever had the pleasure to meet.

It had been at a school trip they had met, when two of the Glasgow schools were pulled together for a day out to the Edinburgh Zoo. He had transferred to her school the week after because of his mother's job, and Mila couldn't have been happier. They'd been close friends ever since, sharing their interests in science and health classes. Still, after leaving high school they had kept in touch and moved to London together to share a flat in the city.

"It really was," chuckled Joanna as she ran her hands through her curly blond hair.

"I'm honestly starting to regret sharing a flat with the both of you. You're too loud," Mila pointed out and Joanna just rolled her eyes.

"Mila, we've been sharing a flat for the last two years. If you wanted to move out bad enough, you would have done it by now," stated Joanna who took a sip from her coffee cup. There was a noise from somewhere in the shared flat and Mila smiled as Eddie sauntered into the kitchen, his glasses propped upon his head and trousers hanging low on his hips.

"Well, hello gorgeous," Eddie said, wrapping his arms around Joanna and kissing her cheek. She giggled like a little girl and Mila cleared her throat before the two love birds could become anymore involved with one another.

"Eddie, I've warned you about walking around with hardly anything on," Mila said and he jumped suddenly, looking around for the source of the voice. His eyes landed on Joanna's phone and he immediately grinned, waved and laughed quietly.

"Don't worry," Eddie said, hands held in a surrendering gesture. "We cleaned up everything this time."

Mila cringed. "Thank God."

"Jesus, Mimi, you look knackered," Eddie commented, squinting at the small screen.

"I've been in Scotland visiting my annoying parents for a damn week, Ed," she said. "You know how much they like to talk and give life advice that I've heard almost one hundred times before. It does drain the energy out of a being like myself."

"I know how you feel," Ed muttered, stealing the cup from Joanna and taking a sip. Mila could recall a time when Ed had been lectured abut good grades when he had been over for dinner one night in their youth. Mila knew her parents were only trying to help, but their talks were sometimes too overpowering.

"Do you want us to let you sleep?" Joanna asked Mila who gave a weary nod.

"I think that'd be for the best," Mila sighed, looking at the time in the corner of the screen. "I think I'll be back around seven or eight tonight?"

"Aw, alright," Joanna said. "I was hoping you'd be back around five-ish so you could cook a meal for us. You know we're terrible at cooking."