Six

-Maggie's POV-

I look around the town that he say's he lives in, it looks no different my town and others across the country. He pulls into a small house on the side of the roads and get's out. I try to open my door but he beats me to it, reminding me that I might break the door. I followed him into the house and he smiled and inhaled deeply.

"It's nice to be home." He says with a smile, he streatches his arms up and yawns, "Here let me give you a tour."

I nod and follow him through the rooms. He showed me the kitchen and the living room, and the upstairs with two bedrooms. He brings me to the smaller room with a bed and a dresser.

"This will be your room." He spreads his hands out, "This is the closet right here, and this is the bathroom."

I thank him quietly and sit down on my bed. He sits beside me and runs his hand through his hair. 

"Can I ask you some more questions?" I turn to him and give him a begging face.

"Fine." He let's out a sigh and a tried smile appears on his face.

"Why am I the only one that was not born Puissance?" I wonder, tilting my head and leaning closer to him. I'm still not sure if I should believe it or not, but this seems to be the only way to get anwser's out of him.

"I don't know," He replies honestly with a shrug, "That's all the prophecy said, and they won't share any more about the prophecy, not to me anyways. I'm just a mentor."

I blink at him, "Where's the rest of our, um, species?"

He laughs loudly, "We are all the same species Maggie. We are just more advanced humans, anyways, they also live in this town, but really some are spread all across the world, they come when you need help."

"Are there other people who are like us?" I ask, leaning even more forward, "That know we exist and have powers too?"

He nods, "Yes, and there's some things I should tell you about them." I sit silently so he could go on, "They also have a leader, the other most powerful person in the universe. His name is Justin, he's going to be your husband."

I gag at his words, husband?

"I'm getting an arranged marriage?" I stand from where I am sitting and frown.

"Yes." He replies, still showing no emotion, like he doesn't even care.

"What! Why? This isn't fair!" I half scream at him, my first balling up in the side.

Marriage was supposed to be based on love, not power.

"Maggie, it's not my decision, I have no control over it, I'm only a mentor remember? The higher authorities have control over it." He tell's me, standing up and putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I want to speak with them." I tell him, my face crumbling up, "Now."

He start's to protest, then, he just stops and shuts his mouth. He nods and turns around, walking to the stairs. I pick up my coat from the bed and follow him, unsure why he agreed so easily. The anger in my started to die down but I was still upset that I was supposed to be getting an arranged marriage.

"What's his name?" I ask Tristan when we are seated in the car and he has started driving.

"I already told you," Tristan replied, staring straight at the street ahead of him, "Justin."

"Not that." I sigh and roll my eyes, "I mean, like my name's Maggie, but it's also Puissance."

He chuckles, "You mean his title, he's Dominerande." Tristan shrugs, "It means Dominance, like your names means powerful."

He slows down and takes a left, turning into a large building. I look up then glance at Tristan out of the corner of my eyes. He just sits there like he doesn't know what to do.

"Let's go." I remind him, and he immediately get's out of the car and comes and opens the door for me, "Thank you."

I follow him into the large building. Everything is very bland, the walls are painted grey, and the carpet was grey, and all the desk's were grey.

"We are here to see King Maddox." Tristan tell's some lady at a desk, she looks up and when she notices me her eyes go wide.

"Y-you got the Puissance to come!" She grins happily at me, "Oh, joy! You two go right ahead!"

He gives her a hostile nod and leaves, I thank her real quick to cover up for his rudeness and chase after him down the hall. We make many turns and twists until we finally reach a room labeled Maddox. Tristan knocks and a deep voice replies to come in. He opens the door and I follow close behind.

The king sits in a desk, writing something down on a piece of paper. When he looks up he see's me and smiles.

"Ah, Ms. Rogers, sit, sit." I take a seat and Tristan just stands there like a rock. He places the pen down and flips the paper over so I couldn't see what he was writing. "What can I do for you?"

"I have several questions." I reply, raising an eyebrow suspiciously at the so called 'king', "If you are king, why are you in this office building."

"Young one," He start's with a little chuckle, "I understand you are new to this all, but just remember, we are hidden from the public, and to do that, I must work in this office building to cover up my real identity. I trust you were wearing sunglasses in public."

"Yes sir." I reply.

"Yes, and you see with my eyes," He points to his, light shaded pink eyes, "This is a sign of royalty, I also have to hide them in public, and your other question?"

"Ah, yes." I purse my lips and shake my head, "About this arranged marriage with the Dominerande-"

"Ms. Rogers, you don't have control over that, you know nothing about this society, we are doing this for your best interest."

He gives me a fake smile, the edges of his eyes crinkling together. He picks up the pen and flips his paper back over, continuing writing. I place my hands on his grey desk. I stare at him, praying I could make him do anything, just anything.

"Puissance." He says, looking back up at me and raising one eyebrow, "If you are trying to use your persuading power to get me to do what you like, It is not going to work,  you are far to weak. One day it might, but this day is not that. It only works with weak minded people, and you see." He stands from his seat and places and hand on Tristan's shoulder, "We seem to have one right here."

He does something weird and Tristan snaps out of what ever he was doing. He sags down, letting the freedom run through his veins, when he somewhat regains strength he rises, glaring at me.

"Maggie!" He shouts, "You bitch! You used your power on me!"

I flinch at his outburst. The king's eyes widen and he places one hand on Tristan's chest, preventing him from moving any forward.

"Don't touch her," The king advised, his eyes narrowed, "She most likely didn't mean to put you in the trance, she's very new to this remember?"

Tristan growls loudly and crosses his arms turning his head away from me.

"Maggie." He said and I looked up at him, breaking my gaze away from Tristan, "How would you like to join us for dinner tonight, our maid is cooking up some delectable food tonight, and I would be honored if you could join us."

I grin and nod, not wanting to spend the rest of the night with Tristan anyways, that wouldn't go well.