Four

-Maggie's POV-

As soon as I walk in Tristan stands up.. I shut the door quickly in case Jennifer walks upstairs, I wouldn't want her seeing some random guy in my room, that wouldn't end well. Tristan blinks at me and opens his mouth to speak.

"Don't talk." I tell him before any sound can leave his mouth, "I want to know why you are in my room."

"I need to talk to you!" He steps forward with an upset look on his face, his shades still on his face.

"Yeah I know." I reply, rolling my eyes, "We've been through this already."

"Please just let me explain!" He whines, throwing his hands up in the air. 

"Fine." I reply, biting my lip, wondering if I had made the right decision.

He sighs and turns away so he is facing the other side of my room. He removes the sun glasses and turns back around. Raising his eyebrows at me.

"Y-your eyes!" I spit out, with utter surprise, "They are yellow! Holy shit!"

He shrugs, like it's no big deal that his eyes are yellow, "I know."

"How?" I ask, my eyebrow's wrinkling together in confusion.

He takes my shoulders and turns me toward the mirror over my dresser. I felt a little gasp come from my mouth. My eye's were also not their normal color. Instead of the light blue color that they usally were, they were a deep violet color. I almost choke on my own breath, how did Jennifer not notice this?

"What the hell is happening?" I ask him, whipping around and facing him.

"It's hard to explain." He says, frowning, his gold eyes watching my every move, "But why don't we sit down." He takes my hand but I rip it away from him.

"I don't want to sit down!" I raise my voice another level, then quickly lower it because Jennifer is down stairs, "I want to know what is happening?" I turn away from him and cross my arms.

"Maggie!" He ran his hand through his hair, successfully, "You are Puissance!"

What?

I turn back to him, my eyes wide.

"Are you insane?" I ask, "There is no such thing as a Puissance!"

 He nods ferociously, "There is too! I'm looking at one with my own eyes."

I raise my eyebrows and smirk, "Prove it."

He bites his lip and pulls at his hair, "Shit." He mumbles, his eyes looking at everything but me, he finally lifts his head up and looks me in the eye's, "If you come with me, I can show you!"

"Oh," I roll my eyes and smile at him, "Let's just go take a ride on Tristan's flying carpet to Forks, that will make everything better now won't it!" 

He frowns, "Please Maggie, I need to get you back to the council."

"The  council! Oh the freaking council." I raise my hands into the air, "You are serious, you actually think I would come with you to this 'council' place? I just met you today!"

He let's out a laugh and a smirk forms on his lips, "Okay Maggie Roger's. You win this round, but you better watch your back, weird things are going to happen to you, if they haden't started already." He turns around and opens my window.

"I'll believe it when I see it." I reply to him.

"Stubborn bitch," He mumbles under his breath, "How did I get signed up with this job?"

-&-

The next day I am at the mirror, trying on sunglasses. Now that my eyes have somehow changed colors I have to wear glasses to cover it up. Just like him. I sigh and fist my hands down on the cabinet. 

Like I would be Puissance, that's a fake myth, and me out of all people. Didn't the teacher say you have to be born with it? I'm sixteen not a newborn.

I take off my glasses and lean in close so I could spectate my eyes. Like how the hell does your eye color just randomly change color. Maybe's he's trying to get me to date him, by changing our eye color so we have something in common. The purple doesn't look to bat, it actually looks pretty-

No!

I place them back on and frown, everyone is going to think I'm a freak wearing glasses in school, especially in winter. I receive a text from Jessica that's she's in front of my house ans she's waiting for me Sighing, I leave the bathroom and walk downstairs to go outside where Jess is waiting.

Dragging through the cold air, I get to her car and send her a lazy smile. I grab onto her door and swing it open. For some reason, the door opens a lot more then expected and swings really hard.

"Careful Maggie." Jessica snaps, "Don't break my car."

"Sorry. " I mumble, I sit in her car and shut the door. It slams hard and the car shakes, causing me to flinch. I go to turn the radio on, I press the button and the button get's pressed into the car.

"What are you doing?" Jessica says, her eyes wide, "How did you get so strong?"

"I-I don't know!" I tell her, my eye's also wide with surprise, "I'm sorry I didn't mean too!"

She frowns at the smashed up button, "Well, I guess the music is stuck now." I try to go fix what I did but she grabs onto my arm, "Don't touch anything!"

When we get to school she makes me sit in the car until she opens the door for me, I continue apologizing for my unknown strength.

"Why are you wearing glasses in the middle of winter?" She questions, titling her head in my direction.

"I saw it in a magazine." I lie, "It's the new fashion."

She scoffs and nods with fake belief, "Okay, sure. I think you are just coping that new kid Tristan because you like him."

"Him? Ugh." I groan, "Yeah right."

We enter our first class and Mrs. Smith is sitting down at her desk. I turn away from her because I don't want her to see my sunglasses, you aren't aloud to wear sun glasses in school. 

"Would you like a note for your eye protection?" Someone asks and I whip my head around towards the voice. Mrs. Smith?

"Pardon?" 

"You got LASIK surgery right?" She winks at me and raises an eyebrow, "That's why you need your glasses right?"

"Right?" I'm not sure what she is playing at, she is normally nasty to me, as I am to her.

Tristan comes through the door, the third one in expect for Jessica and I. His sunglasses are also on, but I can still see the face he makes when he notices I am also wearing them.

Ass.

"What's up?" He wonder's sitting in his seat and leaning toward me.

"Oh, Mrs. Smith is just signing a note letting me wear glasses all day because I got LASIK surgery." I tell him.

"How peculiar." Tristan touches his glasses and grins, "I have had that same surgery."

"Have you now?"

Mrs. Smith walked over to us and handed me the note she made. She smiles gently and bends down so only I and maybe Tristan could hear.

"To make it easier, I would advise wearing color contacts for now." She whispers to me, looking between the boy sitting beside me and myself.

How the hell does she know?