Chapter 4 | In Which I Realise What I Have Done And Run...

"I've been embarrassing myself since about birth."

Phil Lester

🎶

F O U R : In Which I Realise What I Have Done And Run As If My Life Depends On It

Currently I am trying my best to act is if I am asleep. Trying wouldn't hurt anyone right?

"Addalynn freaking Reina! Get up from your god damn bed this instant!" Kay yells while jumping on top of me, brutally pulling away my cover.

Damn it!

"I don't want to," I try to tell her but am shut of instantly.

"You have been tucked in this bed for a week straight! Your dad may believe your I feel sick excuse but I know you too well. Aunt Kelly is going to kill you when she finds out you have been ditching school for the past week." Kay throws the covers away before lying down next to me.

"Mom won't find out woman! She won't be back before two weeks so don't worry about it. Besides I really am sick!" I pout.

Kaylee gives me a I don't believe you at all look. I immediately hold my head in my hands, "uhh my head, it hurts so badly Kay!" I groan loudly trying to make it look more believable.

"Bitch you told me that your stomach was hurting two minutes ago."

Ah fuck!

"Fine, fine you got me." I look towards my window. My heart leaps out of my chest when I think about the boy in the house next to us.

"Well?" I look back at Kay to see her giving me a you better spill this instant look. I sight loudly then I sight again hoping she will let it go.

"Oh no missy you better give me a god damn good reason for leaving me stranded at Trevor's party last week. The douchebag, I never wanted to see again, had to drop me off! How could you?! Freaking Blake and his freaking cute dimples." I raise a brow at her, a smirk threating to make its way onto my face.

"Blake, huh?" Now I am smiling at her flushed face.

"Nope you are not changing the topic now. You have been in this bed since that party. If you don't start talking in the next twenty seconds I am ditching you on our girls' night out day.

I gasp, "You wouldn't!"

"Watch me!" Kay challenges me before sitting up on the bed already knowing I am about to tell her what happened that night.

"WellyouknowatthepartyyoujustleftmealoneandthenIdancedwithsomeguyandthenIwantedtogetawaysoIlookedforyoubutIcouldntfindyouanditwasdarkandthenIfellintothepoolandthenAsherhelpedmeandIkissedhim," I rush out in one breath. Kaylee stares at me for a second before...

"YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KISSED ASHER?!" I slap my hand over her mouth, giving her a pleading look.

"He lives right next to me stupid!"

"Right!" she laughs. "I want the whole story and then you might want to hear something important." I look at her dreadfully before I take an unwanted trip down the memory lane. Once I am done telling her what I did she laughs before looking at me expectantly again.

"What?"

"I want the details Addy!" I groan.

"And everything that happened after the kiss, this was your first kiss after all!" she smirks giving me a knowing look.

I give her a sarcastic smile before telling her the rest.

###

I count down to one in my head before I press my chopped lips against his soft and moist ones. My hands come up to cradle his face and my legs tighten around his hips. Asher goes ridget at first and my eyes refuse to open in fear of rejection.

Stupid

Stupid

Stupid

How could you think he would want you! Moron!

Just as I decide to pull away it happens; his hands slightly pull me in further as he angles his face and kisses me back. Holy Shit!

Asher King is kissing me back.

His lips caress mine in a sensual way and I can't help it but moan softly into his mouth. My fingers curl themselves around his wet locks as I press my body even closer to him if it's possible.

Everything around us disappears. I can't hear the music, I can't hear the screaming and I can't feel the fear that normally surrounds me in the dark. I feel safer in Asher's arms than I have felt in years.

Home.

This feels like home.

I pull away slightly to get a breather before going in for another kiss but this time Asher isn't as welcoming as he was the first time.

"What the fuck!" he booms pushing me harshly away. My heart stops. Some people turn around but don't pay attention because they can't see properly. Or so I assume.

My hand comes in contact with the metal lather in the pool.

What?

So Asher had managed to get us to the lather. Why didn't he tell me to get up?

"What the actual fuck!" he mutters out again, turning around facing the opposite way. He sound mad and shocked. I can see him now. The moon light somewhat shining on his muscular back. He doesn't bother to look in my direction again at all. Tears threaten to escape my eyes but I hold them in before pulling myself up.

I don't feel safe anymore. I am terrified again. Some people turn around too look in my direction but I cover my face with my hair before sprinting through the back yard.

I need to get out. The keys are still safely placed in my pocket as I make my way towards the truck. I quickly squeeze the water out of my long hair before pulling the keys out.

Just as I turn on the engine I see the light turning back on in Trevor's house. My breathing slows down in relief.

I am never going to step a foot out of my house again.

###

I feel someone's hand brush away the tears that are streaming down my face again at the memories.

"Don't cry Addy."

"You don't get it Kay, I was so embarrassed. Still am. I should never have kissed him. I don't know what I was thinking."

"Oh my baby!" she pouts pulling me into a tight hug.

"But Addy?" she whispers.

"Hmm?" I spread out on her lap looking at her with a curious look.

"Are you sure that Asher was disgusted by your kiss?" Her brows are pulled together, looking down at me.

"Pretty sure, why?" I ask, frowning. I just explained everything in detail. For a second it seemed like he wanted it but the next he was mad.

Kaylee breaths in shortly, "because he has been looking for you this whole week. I think ever since the night at the party...."

"Holy macaroni!" I wail.

"Holy macaroni indeed, Addy..." Kay whispers in response.

God damn it, why me?!