Chapter 7 | In Which I Refuse To Do The Impossible

"What are you gonna do, angel face? Stab me with your eyebrow pencil?"

Susan Elizabeth Philips, Kiss An Angel

🎶

S E V E N : In Which I Refuse To Do The Impossible

I stare at Asher for second.

"Why would you need my help?" I ask, taking a slurp from my lemonade soda that I had left on the table earlier. Asher eyes my drink without answering.

"Want one?" he shakes his head, declining my offer.

"Because I think you are the only one who can help me," he replies to my first question. My brows furrow and I lean back into my couch. The guy basically knows the whole school and he comes to me asking for help. A person he had encountered two times. Not that he knew about the second time.

I blush thinking about our second encounter, my fingers raising to touch my still chopped lips.

"Are you alright?" Asher stares at my fingers on my mouth raising a brow at me. I quickly put my hand down and look away.

You are going to expose yourself in the next few minutes if you continue like this!

"Yes, yes. My lips just feel dry," I say without thinking twice. Asher seems to go a ridged for a second before relaxing again.

Isn't this the moment he is supposed to lean down, kiss me and tell me that my lips ain't dry. Where did I watch that scene again? Wait, I am drifting off topic again.

Addy wtf!

"Eh, why do you think I am the only one who can help you?"

"I have my reasons. Don't you want to know why I am asking for your help first though?" Asher smirks at me. I study his face before nodding. Whatever it is it can't be that bad. I grab my lemonade taking another big slurp.

"I want you to help me find out who kissed me the night of Trevor's party last week." I spit the entire lemonade out in shock, the content spilling all over the table. I stare at Asher in horror not even slightly embarrassed by the fact that I just spit my drink out in front of him.

I must have heard him wrong. Yes that is it. No way in hell did he just ask me to find the girl who kissed him at the freaking party. I look up into his eyes ready for him to tell me it is a joke, but he still looks dead serious not fazed by my reaction at all.

"I am sorry, let me clean this up!" I freak out seconds later. Oh god what am I doing?! I make my way into the kitchen to get something that I can clean up my mess with before running back out.

Just as I am done cleaning my mess Asher speaks up again. "I am serious, I want you to help me find out who kissed me that night when the lights went off." I look at him perplexed.

"Why?" I look at him hands shaking slightly.

"None of your business. Just do it," he says sternly.

Is he crazy? Helping him meant exposing me. How the heck am I supposed to find the girl Asher wants when I am the one and only he is looking for in the first place.

"Look, I can't help you Asher." I place my butt back on the sofa.

"I don't think you have a choice here, buttercup." I freeze for a second at the nickname he has given me before tensing again.

"What do you mean? Of course I have a choice. If you want anything else then sure but I can't help you with finding your girl." Shit, why did I say his girl. I mentally facepalm myself before turning to look at him again.

"She is not my girl!"

"Uh huh, right." I look down at my hands.

"Are you willing to help me or not?" Asher smirks cockily.

"I just told you no and I won't change my answer in the near future either!" I stress out, trying to act cool.

"I don't see why you can't help me...unless you are the girl who kissed me," he says smugly. I shoot up from my seat and stare at him in horror.

"NO! I just have a lot to do. I don't get why I have to do this for you, why are you acting so confident....as if you have something against me?" My heart is literally shaking as he nears me.

"Well observed buttercup, I do have something against you. I don't think you will shut down my offer when you hear what it is." I look up at Asher, wide eyes. What information could he possibly have against me? He barely noticed me his whole life.

I lift a brow at him, challenging him in the process.

Asher leans down further, his mouth resting right over my ear. I freeze, feeling warm all over.

"We don't want your parents to find out about your nightly strolls, do we?" This time I don't freeze up because my crush is literally standing next to me. This time I freeze because his words settle in properly. My mouth parts open in shock and I take a step back.

"Wh-what?" I stutter.

"You heard me buttercup, loud and clear." Asher sits down on the sofa again and I just stand there ridged. How could he possibly know about my night wanders? He never even notices me, then how?! Had he been watching me all this time......no that was impossible...

"I don't know what you are talking about," I say as confidently as possible.

"You sure?" I nod frantically.

"Come here." Asher motions for me to sit next to him. In any other situation I would have blushed like crazy if Asher had asked me the same question. Now the only thing I can feel is dread.

No one can find out Addy! Your secret must be kept safe!

Voices are ringing through my head as I sit down, looking up at Asher.

"If you don't know what I am talking about then explain what this is." He hands me his phone. I look down at the black screen. "Huh?"

"Press play," he smirks. I do as he says and suddenly the black screen is gone and I come into view. My eyes widen as I stare at myself climbing out of my window. The video is obviously filmed from Asher's room. He freaking filmed my escape!

I stare at the screen, watching myself, as I get down while chanting something I do every singel time.

Mum and dad can't find out Addy!

A couple of seconds later I am down on the ground and sprinting of into the woods. This video wasn't from last time. This was a much older video......why did Asher have videos of me going out in the night.

Did this mean that he saw me last time as well?! My eyes widen and I try to swipe the screen looking for the next video but the phone gets snatched from my hand.

Asher looks down at me and I gulp. "Why do you have videos of me?"

"None of your business," he says calmly and I jump up. "What do you mean?! Those are videos of me!"

Asher stands up as well not fazed by my outburst at all, "you know what to do if you want them gone......prepare yourself to spend the next days with me." I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

Freaking fantastic!

"We are going jogging first thing in the morning, 6 am sharp. I hate it when people are not on time." I gape at him, not believing my ears.

"What does jogging have to do with finding the girl who kissed you?!"

"I got your videos, buttercup. See you at six sharp tomorrow!" he grins before walking out, leaving me standing there dumfounded.

-

100 views and I will update❤️

V