I turned to Luke, "I got it lazy" I turned and walked toward their living room.

"I could have gotten it; I just knew she was gonna say that" he said defensively, following closely behind me.

I laughed at how defensive he became, "It's alright. I'm the one using it anyways" I said while Luke gave me a shrug. Next to the textbook was an acoustic guitar which immediately caught my attention.

"You play?" I asked Luke in awe. I never knew he played instruments but yet again I really didn't know much about him. I knew he played sports like hockey because, well, everyone at school knew that.
"Oh that? Yeah. I actually play a lot of instruments" he said "uh, I mean I just know how to play stuff, er. I" he stopped himself, scratching the back of his neck.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I didn't want to sound cocky, but yes I do" he said with a small smile looking down at the guitar. "Do you?"

"Oh no. I mean I took guitar my freshman and sophomore year but I wasn't very good. I would like to say I'm musically challenged. It took me forever to learn just a few basics and now I have completely forgotten everything" I said trying not to sound disappointed. I always felt like musically talented girls were the better girls. They were a lot more interesting and attractive to me because they had creative minds.

"How long have you played?" I asked right away. I didn't want to hear how easy it would be to pick up a guitar and learn it again because it really wasn't. I always started to play, but I could never keep up with it. It's not that I was bored with it, I just couldn't focus on learning for too long at one time.

"Probably 5 years ago. I don't remember the exact age I was honestly" he said, still looking down at his guitar.

"Luke is probably boring you with his musician talk, sorry about that" his mom said, cutting into our conversation. She was laughing, it was very apparent she was joking. Luke rolled his eyes, "I'm just kidding sweetie" she said patting his back as she walked into the dining room.

I followed her, laughing silently.

-

I packed up my things into my backpack. Today was probably going to be my last tutoring session with Luke's mom. School was almost over, and I was almost done with everything math related, all I had left was my final exam. I felt nostalgia already coming on because I liked Mrs. Hemmings, she was sweet and a good teacher. I also got to know Luke a little better too.

Over the course of the past two months, I had become intrigued by him, learning things about him that I would have never known. He was a very sweet person, and always said hi to me when he was around. I started to notice the cute details about him, like his dimple when he smiled or the way his nose scrunched when he laughed. I also realized how much of a mommy's boy he was.
But most importantly, I felt like I kind of gained a friend. I didn't have many friends in my life.

I only had one real friend at school, which was Casey and when she wasn't around... School was lonely.

After saying my goodbye, thank you's and hugging Mrs. Hemmings I left. Once I pulled the front door to the house shut, I let out a sigh before beginning to walk home. It was a nice day out and it was beginning to feel like summer which made me more excited for the last day of school.

Not too long after I began walking, I heard the front door open.

"Bailey!" I heard behind me and I immediately became nervous. I turned around and faced Luke as he began to walk towards me. "You left your folder." He said with a smile, holding it out for me.

"Oh, thank you." I said with a smile then taking it.

"Hey wait are you walking home?" Luke asked me swinging his keys in hand.

"Yeah, it's no big deal" I said not wanting to make him feel like he had to take me home again.

"Do you want a ride?" He asked which I knew was coming.

"I don't want to bother you and it's nice out" I said shyly. I never wanted to be a nuisance to people. Luke already took me home once, I didn't want to make him do it again.

"Oh it's fine really, I had to run some errands if you don't mind doing them with me." He asked with a small smile. "You're actually probably busy, so I could drop you off first if you need me to." He said with a small amount of disappointment in his eyes.

I contemplated walking for a second, but I couldn't think of what could go wrong with me getting a ride with Luke or running errands with him.

"Alright, and you don't have to drop me off first, trust me I'm not busy" I said laughing at myself before walking over to Luke's car and getting in.

-
A/N

Hey guys! :) I know these first few chapters are pretty boring, i'm sorry!

Soon they'll get better and they will get longer too! :)

okay i have nothing left to say, so my twitter is @procrashtinates and I like your face.

ok have a good day bye :-)