۵ 12 ۵ (UPDATED /2021)

The drive to his house seemed longer than the actual distance. He tried to stay focused on the street without worrying too much about his kids. When they were on the highway, she pulled up beside him, so he could see their little giggling faces and gave him the thumbs up. Upon reaching the house, the kids jumped out talking about how much fun they had as he took them out of the car. Africa sat in the car with the biggest brightest smile on her face.

"Have you eaten today?" Israel found himself posing the question.

"Now that you mention it, I haven't eaten or had anything to drink. Today has been so busy, I completely forgot to grab a bite earlier." Shocked she stopped in her tracks.

"Come on. Let's eat brunch." He insisted. Africa hesitated for a moment not sure if she should stay or go. With little bodies on either side of her, they grabbed her hands and pulled her to the garage door. She willingly followed the children. When she walked inside the house, Africa was astonished by the décor. It was a comforting mix of vibrant colors and natural hues. Viewing the outside of the house, she was in awe of its size and how striking the house was. But the interior was like a work of art.

"Your home is... WOW!" The words were stuck in her head. She was truly struck by the vibe she felt as she walked into their home.

"Thanks, I guess." He laughed nervously and shook his head as he took off his shoes at the door and walked into the kitchen. The children and their quest followed him in his actions. They sat at the kitchen island and turned the small TV on while their father prepared the meal. In no time at all, he whipped up a plethora of items to choose from for their Saturday brunch. It was nearly 3 pm, but it seemed the meal could still be classified as brunch.

Everyone worked together to clean up after the meal. They retired to the backyard and sat on the patio as the children ran around and played. Africa loved what she witnessed. Israel and his children were amazing. He was a great dad and his little ones were very happy.

"You know, you have the perfect family. Your kids adore you. The way they look at you, I can tell you are so good at being a dad." Just a glance from her warmed his blood. Israel knew he should be very careful with her. He didn't want to place himself in a position to get hurt, but he couldn't deny the attraction he felt for her. From the first moment she walked into his office, she stole his breath away without trying.

"I love them. I don't know what else to do but to take care of them. I can't imagine letting them down or not being there for them." As she watched him speaking, she saw a range of emotions in his eyes and across his face. She hadn't ever been associated with a married or single father. There was no precedent for her to know how to interact with him, so she chose to just be cool with him. After all, he was a really decent father and a nice guy. It was difficult for her to redirect her attention from how sexy and wonderful her host was.

Africa enjoyed the nice warm weather. She laughed as she watched the kids run around and enjoy being kids. This kind of peaceful family life was foreign to her. Not one single person was fussing or arguing. Everyone was relaxed and enjoyed one another's presence. Thinking about their family, she felt a little bit of remorse as her past flashed through her mind. The ringing of her phone nudged her from her thoughts.

"Hello." She answered her phone.

"Hey, baby. I'm gonna stay over here for a couple of nights. I just want to spend some time with my baby sister." Her mother spoke as she listened.

"Do you need me to do anything for you or is there anything you need me to bring to you?" Africa asked with a trace of concern in her voice.

"I have everything I need. I'll be back Monday morning." Ms. Minnie informed her. She finished her conversation with her mother and realized that Israel was fixed on her.

"Is everything okay?" His soothing voice caught her attention.

"Everything is good. My mom is spending some time with her sister." She shared.

"What are your plans for this evening?" Israel innocently questioned the plans she had for the rest of the day.

"Actually, the only thing I really need to do is get a mini-van. My mom has a hard time getting in and out of my car." She explained to him.

"Do you have any idea with whom you want to do business?" He continued his questions.

"Yes. Actually, I think you could help me with that now that I think about it." The smile on her face reminded him of someone who was up to no good.

"What exactly do you mean?" The apprehension in his voice made her giggle.

"I don't want you to rob a bank or anything." Africa laughed at the look of confusion on his face.

"So, what do you have in mind?" He questioned her once more.

"If you could go to the dealership with me, they'll probably give me a better deal on a vehicle." A light lit up her eyes.

"Oh, so you just want to use me?" He pretended to be in his feelings.

"I won't hurt you I promise. I just need to use your body for a few hours." Before she thought about what she said, the words were already out there. When she realized how it sounded, his face turned beet red. Africa covered her face and nearly fell out of the chair laughing. She couldn't believe how easy it was to catch him off guard. Looking at him to see if he was still bright red, she burst out laughing again when she caught him trying not to stare at her. His thoughts about what she said were blatantly plastered on his face. Africa never met a man like him before. He was so vanilla. Israel's expressions were priceless.

*****