For a second, Nyx forgot where she was. Happy to be able to run. And she was almost sad when the two in front stopped at a house, one of the bigger ones.

The duo quickly pushed through the door. And Nyx was greeted with a warm dry heat. She slouched slightly walking into the house with Azriel they both stayed off to the side. Their shadows exploring the house.

But she pushed the voices away as a female appeared from down the hall. She had four sets of clothes with her.

She smiled softly at the four of them and Nyx wanted to smile back but she knew she shouldn't. Smiles sometimes were the best tortures. She remembers one of her father's soldiers who always had a smile on his face as he beat the twins.

"Hello, I'm Alla." The female said, which both twin already knew due to their shadows but they both nodded anyway.

Nyx's shadows wrapped more tightly around her as she observed the house. There was three doors along the hallway and at the end was a stair case.

Her twin spoke softly from next to her. His voice to her sounded familiar but at the same time unfamiliar. They never spoke when they were in the cell, touches and glances were the only thing safe. They've been beat before for speaking to each other to loudly. "I'm Azriel, this is Nyx." He said. Nyx didn't look up from where her eyes were now on the ground. Uncomfortable with the three sets of eyes on her. She moved closer to Azriel, brushing against him her scared hand bumping into his.

"Here, I'll show you where you can change, you can get into some warm clothes." She told the twins. Before setting two pairs onto the table next to the door which held a few knives and a short sword. Alla glanced at the two boys. "Don't track mud or water in the house." She said with a slight narrow of her eyes before steeping to the side to let Azriel and Nyx go ahead.

Nyx and Azriel both pressed themselves to the wall as they passed the women. Nyx moving Azriel to the inside as they passed. Nyx tried to ignore the small look Alla gave them, it was full of concern and warmth. Something Nyx was not used to, she probably never will be.

The pair of twins shuffled into the small bathing room. Alla looked like she was going to pass the clothes directly to the twins but decided against it, instead setting them on the counter. "As soon as you change, find the kitchen. It's the first door on the left." She told the two, before turning to the door.

The twins quickly stripped, neither ever worried much about nudity. The only times they were able to be clean was every few days and they didn't have time for embarrassment.

Nyx was happy to be in clean clothes. She's been wearing this pair for a week. Both got a pair when they got to the camp, and neither knew if they were allowed to take any. Though wearing pants was a new thing to her. When in the cell she wore a dress, which looked more like a sack.

But these clothes were much thicker and a better texture on her skin. And didn't rub against her wings. She pulled on the thick wool socks with slight giddiness. Even her shadows were a little excited. Buzzing around her telling her useless things about the material.

Azriels hand lightly brushed her arm and she nodded. Preparing herself for whatever happened next.

With her nod she opened the door a slipped out. Walking to the door which was a few feet away from them just on the opposite side of the hall.

She glanced back at Azriel who nodded at her before pushing the door open and silently slipping in.

The kitchen was even warmer and her still cold hands and feet were starting to warm up.

The smell was the second thing she noticed. Heavy spices and meat. Her mouth was salivating, she hasn't ate since that morning.

Cassian and Rhysand were already sitting at the table, heads basically in their bowls as they ate. Neither noticed the twins as they entered.