Chapter Seven

When Nyx left this time Azriel was with her.

Orin wanted two Shadowsingers for the war.

When they got back she showed Azriel where he would stay helping him unpack some of his clothes and weapons from where he brought them.

It was good to be around him again. For the longest time she felt like her other half was missing and now they were whole again.

It was nearing dinner when they were interrupted. The twins both stopping and staring at the door when they were informed someone was coming.

Nyx's shadows knew who it was immediately all of them getting excited buzzing around her head, but Az didn't tensing slightly and was confused when Nyx actually seemed to relax even more.

Rhea walked into the room. In a outfit that Nyx recognized as she gave it to her as a present. It was a dark red outfit the top was cropped slightly and did a cross design. And the pants were flowing like the ones most Night Court people wore. Her wings were also not there. Rhea quickly pulled Nyx into hug before stepping back.

Nyx turned to her twin. "Az, this is Rheana, Rhys's sister. Rhea, this is Azriel, my twin." Rhea immediately smiled at him. And Nyx was slightly in awe of the girls smile.

"Call me Rhea, I've heard a lot about you." She said offhandedly grinning when Nyx bumped her slightly.

"I've heard a lot about you also." Azriel said smiling softly back at Rhea.

"Father sent me to tell you, that to be ready for dinner." Rhea continued leaning against Nyx.

"We will be there soon, were almost done unpacking." Nyx said smiling at the shorter female.

Rhea nodded a little and left soon after she promised to take Azriel shopping looking at his clothes with some distaste. The only clothes he had were training leathers.

She finished hanging the last of Azriel's clothes when she turned back to him. "Hey you ready to g-" she cut herself off raising an eyebrow at her grinning twin. "Why the fuck are you smiling."

His smile just widened. "Rhea." He said tilting his head at her. "You love her." He said watching her sputter a little.

She didn't say anything but a small smile was creeping on her face.

"Yeah... I do." Nyx said a shy smile on her face.

"I'm happy for you, sister. You deserve it." He said pulling her into a hug. Nyx leaned against her twin happy that she had two of her favorite people under the same roof.

"Come on, Alla will kill us if were late."

Dinner with Orin was always a different thing each time it happened. It could be completely silent, they could talk only about work, or it would be full of small talk and laughter.

Today it was different. The "family" dinners, as Rhea insisted on calling it, never happened with anyone more than Rhea, Nyx, and Orin.

So Nyx was extremely nervous to have Azriel joining them. Orin would not be without his facade.

And she noticed it as soon as she entered the room. He was sitting at the head of the table with Alla sitting on his left. And Rhea next to her. But he was leaning back in his chair a small smirk on his face while observing the two entering the dining hall. So he had the cruel High Lord mask on today.

She nodded at him and gave a small smile to Alla who was already sipping on wine. Walking over to his right side and taking the chair that was always hers. Azriel took the seat next to her.