It was about five in the evening when I decided I needed to call my father. I had dwelled on the situation too long and needed answers.

He probably wouldn't answer. I thought as I dialed his number and brought it to my ear. My eyes ran across the room as I waited nervously.

As I suspected I got no answer.

My thoughts drifted to my brother and how I hadn't heard from him in a while so I decided to try calling him as well.

The call went straight to his voicemail, which had me furrowing my brows in confusion.

Unlike my call with my father I decided to leave a message. "Hey Dalton some crazy stuff had been going on and I really need to talk to you. Call me when you get a chance."

I growled in frustration as I got off my bed. I quickly changed into my athletic clothes then left for the gym. I was tired of my father leaving me in the dark, it wasn't fair. I know he was just trying to protect me, but I was slowly finding out just how much it was effecting me.

When I walked into the gym, I was surprised to find Carter going at it with the punching bag. He stopped then pulled out his earbuds as I approached. "Didn't expect to see you today." He said breathlessly.

"Why not?"

"Owen said you weren't feeling well."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Oh yeah. I'm okay now."

He wiped the trail of sweat off his forehead and smiled. "Great, I have to talk to you about something."

I mentally groaned. "What is it?"

"I think you're ready to train with the other females." My eyes went wide with fear.

Is he crazy?! They'll kill me!!! My wolf rolled her eyes, annoyed with my lack of confidence in our abilities.

He read my facial expression and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Only twice a week. The other days you'll be with me." I tried to think of any excuse to get out of it, when nothing came to mind I nodded.

"Let's spare then."

***

My stomach growled as I walked down the halls. After training with Carter I always tended to leave hungry, and today was no different.

I stopped in front of Owen's office. The door was slightly cracked, enough where I could see Owen standing by the window as his eyes scanned over the book in his hands.

I was a little hesitant when Carter told me Owen wanted to see me in his office for dinner. We are together before, but tonight felt different. It was different. He knew some of the darkest parts about me that I didn't care to share with just anyone.

He snapped the book shut causing me to jump backwards into something. I turned just in time to see an older she wolf struggling to balance the tray in her hand. "Oh I'm so sorry!" I said as I steadied the tray.

"No worries." Owen opened the door fully and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes." We both said in unison.

Owen grabbed the tray from the she wolf and smiled. "Thank you Gretchen." She bowed then turned and left.

We both walked into the office silently. Owen sat next to me on the couch after he sat the tray on the coffee table. My hunger getting the best of me, I grabbed the plate filled with Salmon, mashed potatoes, and green beans then dug in. Him following shortly after.