ix. Blow 'Em Away!

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

NINE TAKE ALL OF 'EM FUCKERS

AND BLOW 'EM AWAY!

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       THE MORNING OF the Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor goes catastrophically — but, to be absolutely honest, Holly expected nothing less than disastrous, the minute she realised that she would, at some point, have to play against her boyfriend in Quidditch, as captains of rival teams. She expected to wake up on the morning of the match with her heart already stammering with nerves... She didn't expect to ignore Pansy, but then, she didn't expect Pansy to reveal one of Holly's biggest secrets to a random stranger, so.

       Everything is going fine though. Holly and Harry have already promised each other to not let this game get between them, even though both are worried stiff about losing and getting the verbal beating of a lifetime by their houses. She's heard people in the common room, she knows they think she's going to lose, that she made the wrong decision with who she picked, that she's going to lose because her boyfriend's the captain of the other team. And it's absolute shit, because she knows how much Harry needs to win this match, but she needs to win, as well.

      Holly hates this. She hates how quickly this has turned into 'Lippincott will lose because of Potter' and 'Potter will lose because of Lippincott'; in the week leading up to this match, Holly's apparently become some evil villain amongst Gryffindor house, according to Ron and Hermione, who reluctantly told her the things their house-mates had been saying about her. Things like, 'She's just as bad as her cousin,' and 'She's got Potter around her little finger, of course he'll let her win... Her mother was apparently manipulative like that.'

       Quickly, she's been turned into 'the evil Slytherin,' even though she's spent thousands of Galleons buying every team new brooms, so people that can't afford new brooms aren't at a disadvantage. She's tried her hardest to make people think hey, maybe Slytherins aren't that bad, and none of it's working amongst Gryffindor, because she happens to be someone's girlfriend. It's fucking ridiculous.

       But it's not like Slytherins any better, which pisses her off. Most of her house hates Potter already, but things have gotten worse. People, in the past week, have gone up to her, trying to spread lies about how 'he was seen with Romilda Vane' or how she's got to be careful, 'you never know with Gryffindors.' It's like they expect she'll think he's cheating the second they say he was 'snogging someone near the courtyard' and she'll go on some Tarantino-esque revenge mission to beat him at Quidditch... It's like they don't realise she'll remember that she, too, was making out with someone outside the courtyard, and, funnily enough, it happened to be him.

       Only one of them can win, so Holly's going to give it her best shot. She hopes that she'll win, and if she doesn't, that's fine, her boyfriend's won and that's just as good. Either way she gets to celebrate, but she supposes her own dedication to this team will determine whether or not she's the victorious captain, or the proud girlfriend.