vi. From Dawn Till Dusk

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

SIX FROM DAWN TILL DUSK

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       HOLLY'S SIXTH YEAR seems to be going off with a bang — quite literally, if you think about the 1901 goblin revolt Binns had spent the first lesson discussing. And sure, so far she's only had History of Magic, but if you compare that lesson to how godawful it used to be, things seem to be getting better and better. Plus, she's made a friend, which Holly always loves. Even if he's still the slightest bit wary of her...

       The permission slip sitting in her bag — she'll forge it later, it's fine, no one knows about her mother and it's not like she's going to see her dad anytime soon — and a smile across her face, she makes her way towards the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. She approaches the queue standing outside of the classroom, where Draco's standing on his own, the rest of their friends having not taken the subject. Holly smiles at Harry, Ron, and Hermione as she passes them, but walks to stand next to Draco. He looks pleased by that.

       "Guess who's got to have two scrolls of research ready for next Monday!" says Holly brightly, smiling through the pain. Draco gives her an odd look. "History of Magic's split into two topics, the seventeenth and twentieth century. So we get to learn about Grindelwald and Voldemort, but also, the witch trials and the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy... The Voldemort stuff starts at the end of the year, I think, and carries on until next year..."

       Draco glances around, looking smug with himself. Bet it'll be weird for you, learning about Potter in class.

       I'm already learning about Uncle Lucius being evil, so, she replies. He turns to her, about to say something, but she smiles at him. "Although that stuff requires a permission slip, so... I'm gonna have to remember my dad's signature today."

       It takes her cousin a minute to respond, not quite sure what to say about that. "Yeah, it'll probably be best if you don't tell your mother about that..."

       "Well, she doesn't need to know," says Holly, shrugging. "I need History of Magic to join the Wizengamot properly. If she has something against me learning about the wars she killed innocent people in, then she doesn't need to know."

       "Makes sense," says Draco finally. "I'm guessing he'll let us in soon..."

       "I'll get us seats," says Holly, and before she cuts straight into the line, she glances back at her cousin. "Back row?"

       "Obviously," says Draco, rolling his eyes.

       Holly nods, cutting straight past the Ravenclaws, and in between the Hufflepuff and Harry, Ron and Hermione. She smiles at the three, making an effort to be in front of them. "I'm trying to get a desk at the back, don't mind me," says Holly to them.