𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔅𝔞𝔩𝔩

Nicole...Solis...The new baby... Wow, winter is here and my brother, is having a baby...I sat on my bed and sat in a deafening silence. Two hours passed very, very, very slowly. I saw people run passed and in and out of Nicole's room. Solis was in there with his wife. I was alone. I was alone sat waiting for the news. Sombre ran out and brought back a hot bucket of water and ice cold water for Nicole. The golden sun radiated its blinding light on the snow that had been falling all morning. Solis walked out of the room and sat with me...I didn't relies he was sat with me till he put an arm round me and hugged me.
"Aphmau, I love you. I always will. I'm sorry I haven't been the best brother towards you. I got so caught up with Nicole and the baby...I lost site of the best family member and one who means the most to me. My sister..." I hugged Solis and began to cry into him. He was right, he hasn't been the best but in my eyes, our mother has never been a mother. All I had was Solis. Now I have to think in the long run...I have a sister-in-law, a niece...A boyfriend and a best friend. What more do I need... Sombre ran out and whispered into Solis' ear, he nodded and kissed my head leaving me alone, but not for long, about an hour. He walked out with a blanket and was rocking gently and was smiling.
"Aphmau, come in. Nicole wants to talk to you..." I stood up and walked in and Nicole was sat up smiling at me. She opened her arms and I ran up to her hugging her tight.
"Aphmau...I want to introduce you to...Coal...The next Princess of New Scales wind." I look and Solis and he gives me a baby wrapped in a yellow cotton blanket that has 'Coal' sewn onto it. I looked down at the baby, and she looked at me with her sky blue eyes, just like her fathers. She reached out and I gave her my hand and he held on to it and smiled, it warmed my heart and Solis looked at Nicole with a warm smile.
"Aphmau, can you take Coal so Nicole can sleep...I'll see you in a bit." I nodded with a smile and hugged Nicole before leaving. I held the baby close to my chest and she slept soundly in my arms. The time I spent with the baby, the more I grew fond of having my own...the more fond I grew to my family - My own family. - I sat in the family room still cradling the baby and hear footsteps from behind me.
"Hey, Aaron..." I say without looking behind me.
"How did...never mind...Where's Nicole and Solis...I need to talk to them" He replies with.
"Nicole is sleeping and Solis should be on his way." I answer back with.
"Ah okay, I'll wait with you the-" Aaron walked next to me to kiss me then saw the baby.
"I see why Nicole is sleeping..."
"Aaron, meet Princess Coal, heir of New Scales wind." I say as I look down. He goes over to take the baby and I gently hand her over, I move over to allow him to sit with me. I sit there in awe over both my new niece and my lover. Time passed and Solis came in and sat with us along with Sombre, I was lost in my mind, Aaron...Me...A family. How the thought of marriage grew more and more and how I wanted it. But I'll give it another year and I was interrupted by the sound of guards running pass and the baby waking up. Aaron franticly trying to hush her, Solis took her back and she fell silent and me and Aaron chasing after the guards.
"Don't let the animal escape. We look at each other and run after splitting off after seeing a flash of white run pass. I was behind the young animal and it stops and sees I'm alone, it stops and I see it's a wolf, it curled up and cowered with its blue eyes staring at me. I stopped where I was stood and crouched down and it came over gingerly and sniffed me and licked my hand, I reached me hand out slowly and accepted me, I soon realised it was a female and smiled. Aaron walked over slowly and I picked up the pup and walked over to him. He was gobsmacked that I managed to gain its trust.
"How did you?" he stuttered
"It's a gift" We walked to the guards and handed the pup over and they took her to the garden and let her go, she was happy to stay there. We walked back to the family chatting away and Solis asleep with a baby next to him. I picked up coal and sat down with Aaron sat behind me kissing my neck.
"I hate how good you are with kids..."
"It takes patience. And a gift." I look at him and smile.

5 hours later

Aaron was dragged off on duty, I was feeding Coal and Nicole woke up still weak and tired.
"Aph...have you thought of having kids..."
"Nicole, the thought has crossed my mind many times. But I've come to the agreement with myself to wait at least a year..." She woke up after this and slid next to me.
"OH DO TELL!" I laugh "Hey don't laugh..."
"I've been having dreams lately of me, you Solis. You with your kids, me with a baby in my arms. And a dark figure. With a toddler running riot. It's been making me think a lot."
"Aphmau, Maybe this is fate changing its path for you. Follow it. Don't hide. If it's Aaron who the dark figure is, tell him how you feel. It may shock you how he feels." Maybe she is right. I need to tell him how I feel but how...Nicole took her baby and went back to her room for the night and I was left alone.
"Note for you princess." A guard handed me a letter. It was sealed. I quickly opened it.