All That I Want, All That I Need

Start from the beginning

Bellamy shook his head, "All I need is you."

"I love you and I want nothing more than to marry you," Clarke smiled and Bellamy closed the gap between them, lifting her into the air with an intense kiss.

"I love you," he smiled as he put her down and pulled the ring out of his pocket and put it on her finger. It was a simple diamond ring with a white gold band with a few smaller diamonds on it and Clarke knew Bellamy was holding back from what he wanted to buy her because he could, this was her style and that's what it was about.

"I love you," Clarke smiled.

"Princess," Bellamy smirked and Clarke held back tears, if his proposal made her cry every time she saw it, his vows were bound to make her cry more. "There are a lot of reasons why we shouldn't be standing here right now. How I treated you when you were first hired, how I detested how you did your job that was more effective than how my last assistants did everything. How my sister forced me to hire you. Countless reasons I'm not going to name in mixed company, and the loss of our baby. And yet... we're both here, we're both too damn stubborn to let each other go, to try and find this feeling with anyone else."

Clarke laughed through her tears.

"I fought and fought against loving you and the more I fought, the less you took my shit until I caved. You are everything I ever wanted and more than I could possibly ever deserve. I love you."

Clarke smiled and looked to the priest who nodded for her to go. "Bellamy," she sighed before clearing her throat. "First of all, Octavia, when I was still his secretary, you asked me who he was sleeping with and I lied to you because I thought you'd be pissed that it was me but it was me. Just clearing the air with that.

"Bellamy, you talk about deserve like it's dealt out and controlled but we make our own destiny. You certainly did, who would have thought an orphan from the outskirts of Compton would become the voice of Young Adult literature while still raising his sister at the young age of twenty-two? That wasn't predestined, that was all you and your will to have kids be able to find characters and friends who go through the same tough upbringing that you and Octavia had.

"You went from this callous brute of an archaic ruler who wouldn't let anyone see the heart you had on your sleeve to the kind man standing in front of me right now who will drop everything for your friends, whether you admits they're your friends is a completely different story though.

"Calling you a callous brute isn't fair because you are and always have been kind and caring, showing that through your charity instead of your everyday encounters with people. You care so much about those kids and you haven't even met some of them."

Clarke bit her lip and smiled. "I think they're something to be said about always coming back to each other, always seeing the best in each other. This feeling, these emotions that seem so unnameable, it feels like you're my other half, the one person who could hurt me more than anyone else. A soulmate, not that I believe in them, but that's the closest I can get to describing the immense connection we have to each other. I love you, Bellamy Blake and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

Bellamy pulled her in to kiss her when the priest stopped him by clearing his throat. "By the power vested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," he said, shaking his head as Bellamy practically devoured Clarke in front of their closest friends and family.

Clarke pulled away, flushing a deep red at Bellamy's eagerness as everyone clapped for them. She couldn't wait to spend her life with him. They'll figure everything out and they have Echo for when they can't.