Gone Too Soon

"Did you swap out his personality or something? He's been way too happy since coming back," Harper said with gusto after they ordered their food.

Clarke smirked, "No, we're in a good place. I think he's finally realizing that he's not Atlas."

"God, you're turning into him with the Greek mythology references."

"Does he or does he not act like the weight of the world is on his shoulders?"

Harper smirked, "Okay, yeah, he's Atlas."

"That just gave me an idea for a story, if only I were a writer."

"Pitch it. Bellamy has Miller for that, you know?"

"Really?" Clarke grimaced, why didn't she know that?

"Yeah, Miller was a writer before he agreed to help Blake start BPH. Bellamy was really good at figuring out how things work, even the enormous monster that is a publishing house. And Miller likes editing but Bellamy also has him work with virgin writers to make their stories better. Miller's the favorite for a reason, not just because he knew Bellamy the best."

"So I'd have to go ask Bellamy if I can steal Miller to co-write a novel with me?"

"I'm sure he'd allow you guys to take half a day everyday. You two are wizards at your jobs, you said you're bored, right?"

"Yeah, there's currently nothing for me to do because I finished everything before Christmas."

"Did you know that I've worked here five years and never have I ever seen Bellamy take any time off for anything. He only stays out of the building on national holidays because the building is locked up tight but he's working at home. He took nearly three weeks off with you."

Clarke smiled, she knew Bellamy was a workaholic, but she didn't know Bellamy never took time off before.

Clarke walked Harper back to her desk before asking Luna if Bellamy was available and she announced Clarke before she walked in, that's new.

"This is a surprise, miss me already?" Bellamy smirked, closing his laptop.

"Yes," she smiled. "But that's not why I'm here. I'm actually here for work."

"For work? You're so bored down there you want to come back up to editorial?"

"Yes and no. I had a book idea while at lunch with Harper just now and she said that Miller was an aspiring novelist before you poached him and threw him into editorial."

"Lies, Miller does what he wants. I always asked him if he wanted to take time off to finish his novel and he's always declined, using his vacation to visit his father instead."

"God forbid a man sees his family. Anyway, do you think I could borrow him in the afternoons for the rest of the week to brainstorm and workshop this idea before we come to you for it's worthiness."

"I'm sure it'll be great. Did you talk to him about it?"

"Not yet, I came straight to you."

He nodded before typing numbers on his phone and it rang over speaker.

"What's up?" Miller's voice echoed through the office.

"How do you feel about spending your afternoons writing with Griffin this week?"

"What are we writing?"

"That's for you two to know, I want to be surprised with what you come up with on Monday."

"Alright. Griffin, were doing this in your office."

"Yeah, I'll take you there in a minute," she said hanging up the phone and looking to Bellamy. "Thank you."