Chapter 20: The Goofball I Love

(Vixy's POV)

Okay, fine, I love Aaron! Okay? Not gonna lie, it took him longer to realized that he loved me......but cut him some slack. It doesn't matter. I'm freakin in love with this goofball.

Vivian, Jas, Aaron and I stayed at the dance before leaving at 9:30 PM. Aaron and I being the first ones out. Jasper and Vivian followed, Jasper handing Vivian and 20 dollar bill and a 30 dollar bill.

'Viv and Jas made another one of their bets.' I thought.

"Hope your happy Viv." he huffed and Vivian only snickered, putting the bills in her pockets. 

Aaron and I stayed quiet, looking at the ground and smiling brightly. "Hey, new lovers! I'm going over to Jasper's to play video games, wanna come along?" she asked. The two of us looked at her, looked at each other for a moment, then turned back to my cousin and shook our heads.

"No thanks." I said, smiling. "I'm alright." Aaron added. I know you are all probably thinking I'm gonna hook up with Aaron; but no. I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet...........after my rape incident, I was always nervous about starting a romantic relationship.

The leopard and vixen looked at each other, smirked, then turned back to us. "Okay, see you guys later!" Jasper called out.

"I'll be home late Vix! See ya in the morning!" she called out before following Jasper.

.................................................................

Aaron and I walked down the street together in awkward silence. My ears flicked nervously, wanting to start a conversation, but I didn't know what to say. Maybe I didn't need words. 

After a few seconds, I felt the fur on his paw brush mine. I blushed and looked down, but gave a quick glance at my paw then his. I smiled softly before looking back down at the ground. I felt one of his fingers lock with mine and I did the same, hesitating before holding his paw fully.

I walked closer to him and even though I couldn't see his face; I knew that Aaron was smiling just as brightly as I was.