vingt - épilogue

"Renjun, get the hell up! I know you're getting a ride but you gotta be ready in order to get it." Renjun blinked the dreariness out of his eyes, wondering who the hell was calling him. Then he remembered that oh, yeah. Dad. My dad. He then proceeded to throw the blanket over himself again. 

Unfortunately for the part of him who loved his beginnings of day being rather cliché, he hadn't forgotten the events of the day before. He was now the lucky boyfriend of Na Jaemin and Lee Jeno, and he was looking forward to telling Chenle of this development. He hoped that neither of his boyfriends had gone and told his best friend already, spoiling the surprise completely. He was sure he would be told before they did this though, so he wasn't going to waste time stressing. 

He looked at the clock on the wall by which his desk was perched, reading the time to be around five past eight am. Easily doing the maths, he realised there were only twenty five minutes left until school started. He wanted to have time to talk to Chenle before class too, so he better get his ass out of bed. He started getting ready for the day with a smile on his face. 

Heading downstairs, he grabbed his bag off the bottom step of the stairs, which was where he had left it the day before. Thinking twice, he set it down again, deciding to just get it when he went out the door. He traipsed over to the kitchen, where his father was making breakfast. He flipped an omelette over then turned to see his son watching him in confusion. "You can cook?"

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Not that well though, being a chef was my second attempt of trying to get a job. I was fired for accidentally cracking an egg over my colleague's head." He smiled sheepishly at his son, then wiped at his glasses, which were fogging up a bit. Renjun snorted "At least you went out with a bang- or maybe a splat."

"Shut up," he chuckled. "Your omelette's on the table. Eat it quickly or you are going to be late." Renjun nodded and sat down in his chair. Chewing the surprisingly well made omelette, he pointed his fork at his father when he sat down at the table with his own breakfast. "Why aren't you at work yet? You should have left by now." Mr Huang put his hand on his chest, looking attacked, "What? Do you not want me here?" Renjun swallowed his food and nodded fervently, making his father tut at him. "Very bad way to treat your father. Anyway, I'm taking a day off work today." Renjun raised his eyebrows. "Why's that?"

"I'm going to court later." Renjun dropped his fork into his plate. "What! Why? Did you break the law trying to find my school or something?" Mr Huang shook his head, a smile settling on his lips. "I reported your mother for mistreatment and physical abuse." 

Renjun picked his fork up again, shaking his head, "It wasn't even that bad, dad." "No, Renjun. It was wrong. You deserve justice, I'm not letting her off like that after she hurt her own son." Renjun smiled at the sentiment and the trouble his father was going through again. 

They were both just finishing off their food when the bell rang. Renjun looked around at the door with a little grin, then back at his father. "Go on, son. I'll put away your plate. You're too excited to see them, I'm scared you might drop it." "Dad-"

"Go, you're keeping them waiting. See you after school. I'll be picking you up, by the way." Renjun just rolled his eyes and said goodbye to his father. He jogged down the hall, and went to open the door. He hesitated right before his hand took the handle, and he quickly turned and checked his hair in the mirror placed strategically on wall opposite the door. Ignoring his father's knowing smile, he turned to open the door and was met by a happy Jeno. 

"Hi Injunnie! How are you feeling?" Renjun turned pink for some reason, and assured Jeno of his good health, and Jeno nodded. He then spotted his boyfriend's bag at the foot of the stairs, and practically ran to get it, throwing it over his back. "I'll get this! You just go sit in the car." He called out a greeting to Renjun's father while pushing a reluctant Renjun out of the door. When the door was finally closed, he sighed and went to kiss Renjun on both his cheeks. "I have actually been dying to do that. Come on-"

He pulled Renjun to a silver convertible, where Jaemin was waving at them. Whether he was waving by way of greeting, or to say get the fuck over here, Renjun didn't know. Maybe both. "Hello, my love!" he singsonged at Renjun. Jeno scoffed, "You never called me your love!" Jaemin just rolled his eyes, "He's Renjun. You're Jeno. There's a difference." 

He got up out of the passenger seat, and opened the back door for Renjun to sit down. Renjun felt beyond pampered, and he just spluttered and turned red in thanks. "Oh, look Jeno! He's so cute!" 

Jaemin sat in the back after Renjun, sticking his tongue out at Jeno after he closed the door. Jeno just shook his head with an endearing smile, and got into the driver's seat while Jaemin peppered a flustered Renjun with kisses. 

"You better look after him well and treat him like a prince. Don't ever force him to do anything or I will personally find you and kill you. Include him in everything you do and make sure he's always happy. If you break his heart Jisung will hold you down while I punch the both of you consecutively-" 

"That's enough Chenle. They are sufficiently intimidated." Renjun pointed out the victims of Chenle's threats out to him. They were hiding behind Renjun, while Jisung denied any compliance with Chenle's plan from behind Chenle's shoulder. 

"Okay then! You can come out now!" Chenle smiled sweetly, though it fooled no one, and Jaemin and Jeno warily came out into view. "We won't, okay? We promise to love Rennie forever and ever." Jeno tangled his and Renjun's fingers together, while Jaemin took his hand too. "You better! And congratulations, Jun. You finally got together with both the people you were whipped for!" 

"Shut up," replied Renjun in Chinese with a sugary smile. Jisung, Jeno and Jaemin looked on contentedly, thinking Renjun was thanking him or something. 

"Well then! I have gotta walk these two to class, because they are gonna end up doing something stupid otherwise. Bye Chensung!" 

"Wait!" yelled Jisung after Renjun, who was walking off down the hallway. "Why is Chenle's name first? Why isn't it... Jisenle or something? That sounds way cooler!" Renjun just ignored him, shaking his head while Jeno laughed at Chenle and Jisung, who were now arguing about who's last name they would take when they got married ("Zhong Jisung sounds better though!" "Don't be stupid, it's gotta be Park Chenle!"). 

Renjun leaned his head sideways on Jaemin's shoulder. They didn't have English class today, but tomorrow Renjun would join in on their note passing.  

A few lockers down, the girl closed her locker door, and turned on her phone to call her girlfriend. "Irene, they are finally dating. You don't know how long I have waited for this."

🀱🀳🁂🁇🀸🀱

and there is your epilogue. was it okay?? if it was, yw 💀 I honestly could write jaenoren forever I had fun idk bout you

THE FUCKING END