"NO!" Isabelle screamed as she ran towards them but Raziel caught her from behind to not let her get sucked into the Downworld with her brother. 

Isabelle screamed and shouted for them to come back as she thrashed around in Raziel's tight grip before her screams turned into loud sobs and she sunk down on her knees–finally realizing that her older brother was gone and never coming back. 

And so was her only true friend–along with her mother and the love of her life.

She was alone and she hated it.

⚜⚜⚜

Isabelle's eyes shot open as her baffled orbs were met with concerned ones.

"Isa, it's me." He spoke in his soothing voice, as she looked around frantically before being captured by his gaze again. She calmed down looking into his melted chocolate like stare.

Breathing deeply, Isabelle looked down at her fidgeting hands before she held her forehead with one of them–tucking at the roots of her hair.

"Isa, you're alright." Elijah cooed, gently bringing her hand down and rubbing comforting circles on the back of it.

Isabelle looked at him for a moment, before she launched herself in his arms. He was surprised at the sudden embrace but engulfed her in his protecting arms a second later.

 His large hand unconsciously found itself in her hair, cradling the back of her head and smoothened down her sweat-soaked hair.

It was a nightmare she hadn't had in hundreds of years. A memory from what happened so long back. 

That day, she had lost her everything and it was unbearable for her to continue on with her life. 

Her twin brother–her pillar, was gone and she had no one who could guide her through life like him. Not even Raziel, because being a king, he had a kingdom to run.

After seeing Magnus and the confrontation with him, he brought out memories that she would rather not think about.

She closed her eyes as she relaxed in Elijah's warm embrace and melted under the safety his arms provided. Elijah gently rubbed his hand on her back as his other hand ran through her hair.

Elijah was sat in the same position the whole night when around dawn, Isabelle began to shiver and her face contorted into agony. 

Sweat beads formed on her forehead as tears rolled down in her sleep. He was bewildered and pained to see as to what was haunting his love like that. 

He was quick to scoop her back in his arms as his lips planted continuous kisses all over her face–begging her to wake up. And when she did, the fear in her eyes stunned him as well as made every cell of his body want to comfort her.

It was as if it became physically unbearable for him to see her in so much pain. He couldn't see her like that–not now, not ever.

After some time, Izzy finally calmed down as her body relaxed and her eyes went back to the calm velvety ocean that Elijah loved.