[2]

|CHAPTER TWO|THE NOT SO JOLLY GREEN GIANT

|CHAPTER TWO|
THE NOT SO JOLLY GREEN GIANT

The biggest mystery of Clay's life will always be her mom. The fifteen  year old has gone years with questions never answered and answer that were always the same. A subject that would always be shut down whenever she would bring it up to Quill. It was the same story always; a hook up that ended with Clays mom dumping her off with Quill. But why? What did Clay do so badly that her own mom just took off?

Clay had so many questions still. She knew she was half Terran because her dad was from earth, but what was her mom? Her abilities are not human, if anything it was more powerful than anything Clay could think of. Being able to redefine gravity, read her dad's mind, and now creating a shield out of a glowing white aura from her hands? Her mom was something and Clay would never know what.

"Sweet Child of Mine!" Quill sang off key as he set down the plate of a really burnt grilled cheese sandwhich.

Clay looked up, her thoughts now focused on how could someone burn such a simple food. But instead of questioning it she simply smiled, "Thanks dad."

Quill smiled, taking off his 'World's greatest grandma' apron (Clay found it  on the ravengers ship, her Uncle Yondu told her it would make a great birthday gift).

"So a shield now huh?" Quill said as he lowered the volume of the news. "That's pretty cool, now we don't have to run as fast anymore."

Clay nodded slowly as she took a bite out of the burnt cheesy wonder, "I think my abilities are getting more advanced I think ? Like the older I get the more my "powers" get stronger." Clay didn't know what to call her abilities ,  she didn't think they were super powers because she didn't know how to control them.

"You know what would help!" Clay said as she pointed the end of her sandwhich towards Quill, "Knowing what mom was." She smirked hoping to get any answers out of her dad.

Quill quickly shoved the Sandwhich in his mouth, "sorrymy mouthisfull" he mumbled as crumbs and food fell out of his mouth. Clay rolled her hazel eyes and looked down at the monitor in front of her to see someone was calling.

"Uncle Yondu is calling!" Clay beamed as she began to answer the call.

"No wait don't-"

"Quill!" Shouted Yondu as he appeared on the TV screen. Clay smiled and waved at Yondu, " Uncle Yondu!"

The blue man smiled a big smile that only Clay Quill has ever seen. Yondu adored the girl to death ever since Quill had brought her to their ship as a baby. "Little Quill tell your idiot of a father to turn his ass around." He spoke making Quill groan as he turn around.