After (One-Shot)

"Famous mutant villain, Ava Wilson, was recently found dead on the bench of a Floridian beach. After murdering countless known associates of the Joker and going missing for nearly four years, local police were informed of her body on the beach."

"Well I'll be damned."

Harley Quinn frowns at the news reporter currently standing at the beach, where the scene of the crime happened.

Her brows furrow in concentration at the television. Puddin went on a business trip just the other day. She wasn't sure why he left, considering a good 95% of his business was within Gotham.

Did he do this?

As much as a bitch Ava was, she didn't deserve that: not after hiding for four years for pretty much saving the world. With difficulty, Harley can admit her respect for the woman.

She lets out a small giggle at Waller's expression when Ava ripped the nanite bomb out of her neck. The woman sure as hell was something.

Harley didn't personally know Ava's father, John Wilson. All she knew was that he was a traitor to her Puddin.

What if Puddin thought she was the same?

Is that why she's dead?

You should've killed her.

Shut up voices!

She lets out a huff, already annoyed with the two fighting voices in her head. She looks at the television, shaking her head.

"R.I.P. bitch."

————

Rick Flag and June Moone were alerted of the metahuman's death at the same time. Fours years of happiness with each other had gone by, not one hint of the former Suicide Squad.

"She's gone?" June questions, holding on to her husband's arm.

Rick sighs, rubbing his wife's shoulder. "Sure as hell looks like it."

June shakes her head. "Four year and now she suddenly appears dead? What do you think happened?"

"I'm not sure," Rick admits, looking at June with a look of sadness. "But whatever it was, she let it happen. She would've been able to stop them."

"Why?"

Rick shrugs, not tearing his eyes off the screen. "Guilt? She hadn't done anything wrong the past four years. I don't know."

"She saved me, she saved the world. I don't quite understand. Why would she feel guilty?" June questions, confused by Ava's actions.

Rick gives a small shrug, trying not to seem too affected by her death. It's not like they were friends or anything. No matter what he thought, he still count stop the Lang of sadness piercing his heart.

————

Dear Floyd,

If you're reading this, then I must be dead.

Shocking, I know.

I know, I know. You're probably thinking, "what type of motherfucking cliché shit is this?" But hear me out, alright?

If you got this, that means I'm dead, obviously. And it means I never got to say goodbye. I'm sorry for not being able to bust you out when I did, I was very selfish. Even if I could, I had a strong feeling you wouldn't. You love your daughter too much to put her through that kind of trouble. That's what makes you a good person, and I admire that.

You're a good person, Floyd: better than I'll ever be. I love you, man. You're one of the best friends I've had. Sorry I couldn't visit you a lot, but it's hard as fuck to sneak in here.

Good-bye,  
                          Ava Wilson

Floyd Lawton raises an eyebrow at Amanda Waller, scoffing at the woman. "You're kidding right? This is some kind of sick joke?"

"Unfortunately, it isn't," Waller admits. The woman stares at the letter, trying her hardest to make out the words.

Floyd shakes his head, dropping the letter on the cell's floor. He snaps his head at Waller, pointing an accusing finger at her. "You said you would leave her alone. You promised."

"I didn't do this." Waller shakes her head. "She must've pissed off the wrong person."

"No," Floyd snaps, glaring at the woman, "she didn't. She was doing good for how long now? Three? Four years? She joined the fucking Justice League and saved the world twice. There's no way she pissed off the wrong person, you did this."

"I can assure you, I did not do this. You think a hero didn't have any enemies?" she questions the assassin, standing in front of his cell's bars, "do you remember who she was before? Control wa—"

"Ava," Floyd interrupts, glaring murderously at her, "her name was Ava fucking Wilson. Don't you forget it."

"I'm sorry for your loss," Amanda sincerely apologizes before turning in her spot and slowly walking away.

"Yeah, me too."

————

Yo I decided why the fuck not and posted this. Feeling cute, might delete later.

7/19/18