Chapter Five

Even if she's back to the collar, Ava can't help but be happy that she got to use her powers. The way they longed to be free once the collar was released was a feeling Ava never wanted to feel again.

Ava paces the glass box yet immediately stops when she hears the sound of a metal door slam. She spins around, only to be surprised by the amount of armed men are standing at the entrance way of her box.

"Put your hands up!" One of the lead guards commands, aiming his weapon at her.

Ava complies, muttering, "If only I could kill you all."

The men allow themselves to enter. One of them pulls out handcuffs. Ava's eyes widen. She quickly brings up her foot, kicking the leading man in the stomach.

She dodged as the man falls beside her. With that move, all the other armed men quickly enter the box.

She dodges numerous times, even giving a few hits herself. After dodging and hitting only three guys, she's finally caught and strapped to an uncomfortable chair.

They finish strapping her head before wheeling her out. "Let me go you fucking assholes!" She exclaims as she struggles against the restraints.

A few minutes later, the uncomfortable chair stops. A doctor approaches her, medical gun in hand.

"What the fuck?" Ava demands.

The doctor ignores her as he lines the gun to her jugular. He pulls the trigger, sending the small object into her neck.

Ava winces as the thing is shot into her neck. "Injection successful. Location verified." The doctor informs as the group of officers that brought her here start taking her away.

"What's happening?"

Her chair was wheeled outside, revealing a large plane in the large lot. Shit. Ava thinks to herself, hating the thought of planes.

Ava looks at her surroundings, noticing all the other prisoners, including Floyd from a few days ago.

Her chair suddenly stops in between two people. She strains herself to look at the pale skinned, platinum blonde to her right. She notices the small heart tattoo on her upper cheek. She immediately recognized the woman, Harley Quinn, from the night they were both arrested.

Ava looks to her left, not needing to read Harley's 'profile', only to see a man completely covered in scales. "Waylon Jones, aka Killer Croc. Is treated like a monster, though he doesn't believe that he is." She reads softly.

A helicopter snaps Ava's attention to it. The helicopter lands just twenty feet away from the group. Rick Flag exits the helicopter, his weapon clutched tight against his chest. He stares amongst at the prisoners and other soldiers. "What's going on in the city?" Lieutenant G.Q. Edwards asks Rick quiet enough for the prisoners to not here.

"Are the assholes here yet?" Rick asks, ignoring his question.

"Yeah, they're here."

The two, followed by their own squadron of soldiers, make their way to the prisoners. Harley Quinn starts laughing for a few seconds at whatever is going on in her head.

"Bravo team, with me!" Rick shouts to the officers next to the prisoners.

G.Q. takes one look at Killer Croc in shock. "What the hell, Flag?"

"Unlock them." Rick orders.

The straps on the stretchers fall to the prisoners' sides. Their handcuffs are quickly loosened right afterwards. Ava stands up and gives herself a good stretch in the warm sun.