Chapter Six

"Behold, the voice of God."

The inmates all snap their heads at the voice of Rick. They notice the tablet with the government logo on the screen. Amanda Waller's face appears on the screen. Harley tosses her hammer over her shoulder, giggling to herself.

"For those who don't know me officially, my name is Amanda Waller." The woman on the screen introduces. "There is an active terrorist attack event in Midway Cory. I want you to enter the city, rescue HVT-1, and get them to safety.

Floyd raises a hand. "I'm sorry for those who don't speak good guy: what is HVT-1?"

"The only person that matters in the city the one person you can't kill." She answers quickly. "Complete the mission, you get time of your sentence. Fail the mission, you did. If anything happens to Colonel Flag, I'll kill every single one of you. Remember, I watch everything. I see everything.

Ava and Captain Boomerang both share a look of dread. Rick lowers the tablet, ending the call. "That's your pep-talk."

"Compared to your shit, she killed it." Floyd shrugs. "So that's it? What are we? Some type of Suicide Squad?"

Rick nods, bumping into Floyd and Ava's shoulder as he walks past them. Ava clenches her fists, her eyes flickering purple before a reassuring hand touches her shoulder. Floyd shakes his head in warning, making her eyes return to normal.

"Bravo team, fall in!" He shouts.

"I think he likes you, mate." Boomerang jokingly teases, nodding his head towards Rick with teasing grin on his face. Ava rolls her eyes.

"Fuck off, asshole."

--------

Ava eyes the plane warily. All the other inmates start making their way towards their seats. "What are you doing? Get on the plane." She hears Rick growls next to her.

"Can't." She replies, still looking at the plane.

"Why not?" He snaps.

"I've never been on a plane before. Sorry if I'm a tad bit wary." Ava snaps back.

Rick rolls his eyes before grabbing her by the arm. He starts pulling her towards the plane in a forceful matter.

"Hey! Stop!" She argues, trying not to get herself killed.

"Shut up." He commands, pulling her into the plane. He places her in a seat in between Harley and Killer Croc.

She slaps his hand away as he tries to strap her in. "Back off asshole!" She snaps.

He walks off and sits at the end of her row. She feels the plane slowly lift up. A lady, dressed in an outfit that represents her homeland jumps on. Her short choppy black hair looks good with her white mask.

"You're late." Rick glares.

The woman replies in a language Ava can't understand.

"This is Katana. She's got my back. She could cut all you in half in one sword stroke, just like mowing the lawn. I would not advise to be killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims."

Ava inspects the new member while Harley sticks her hand out to greet. "Harley Quinn, nice to meet ya!" Katana doesn't move an inch. "I love your perfume! What is that? The stench of death?"

Katana's reply was once again in her native language. She slowly pulls out her sword.

"Woah, woah, easy cow girl." Rick says, offering out his hand. "This ain't that kind of mission. Have a seat."