Part 17

"Shit! I' m rotten here."

Natasha cursed under her comms. She was ready to take down the enemy but need to wait for the Captain's signal, which by the way the thing she really hates.

"Oops, I'm sorry. Captain doesn't like that kind of talk. " She retracted.

The Captain wanted to give her a stern look but that wouldn't be possible as of the moment. He bit his tongue not to scold Natasha about her language because he knew better than to make a rebut.

"Sam, status?" Steve asked, diverting to the task at hand.

"The barracks are all ours, Cap, but something didn't feel right." Sam just acquired the barracks which is the first line of defense of the base. From there, a control room can be found.

"What could be the problem?" Sharon asked confused.

"No one attack us on the way in. Don't you think it must've been a trap?" Sam reasoned.

"We'll get out of it. Secure the barracks now. We will coming in."

"Roger that."

"Thor, are you in a position?"

"Thor, the Leggionaire." Steve called again after not getting any response.

"Lord Steven, I am ready."

"Thor, you owe Steve a kiss. Honorifics remember?" Natasha teased. Despite being the black widow, she always find a way to lighten the atmosphere to which the Captain always take seriously.

"What kiss?" Sharon asked puzzled. Natasha chuckled. She thought Steve was the only serious one. Guess Sharon took one from him. Poor Sharon she thought.

"Keep your focus. We never know what they stored for us." Steve scolded.

Natasha couldn't help but roll her eyes to the Captain's infuriatingly serious attitude during missions.

" All right, Sam, on your mark." Steve directed.

"Wow, I will be doing it? It excites me." Sam assumed it will always be the Captain to initiate countdown.

" If all is in place, let's do this." Steve was getting impatient.

Sam realized he was the one on the control panel that's why he has the directive if it's okay to go. He glanced on the footages on different rooms wherein he have the full rundown of the building cameras. It gave him the full access of all the rooms as well. He took a deep breath and started-

" Alright, on my mark,"

" five"

"four"

"three"

"two"

"one"

" Wait!" Sharon screamed through the comms.

" Sharon?" Steve asked

"Sharon, can you hear me?"

" Sam are you getting any vision on Sharon?"

"Hold a second."

"Hurry, Sam!"

Sam wiped away the sweat that trickled down his forehead trying to find the cctv placed in Sharons position. All the Avengers were positioned in different directions. Natasha was on South, Steve on East -which is in front of the barracks near the entrance of the base. Sharon was on West side and Thor on North. They planned to searched the base separately to find Clint and his family and whoever finds them they will all exit in Steve's direction all the way to the barracks.

"I've got her, Cap! Two men dragging her through the center of the building."

" What now?" Natasha knew that they should initiate the plan by that time. Any minute from here, the enemy will search for them, but she still want a confirmation from the Captain since it was Sharon that they held.

" Well, that's where our initial plan in the first place. Let's go!" The Captain's voice echoed in their comms.

On the Captain's cue, all the other Avengers rushed to the center of the building not leaving any room unsearched.

"Sam, keep your eye on, Sharon."

" Whatever you say, Cap. " Sam cannot suppressed the teasing sound on his voice which the Captain didn't noticed at all.

Natasha managed to enter the room quietly not making any fuss. She swiftly dodged the incoming bullets fired at her. They need to hurry. Now that Sharon cannot searched the West side someone might double their effort and she knew it should be her. Steve being farther will took long to get in the West Side. Thor on the other hand, is not used to rescue plans like this. She cannot risk the plan. Fury is right. Trouble always comes.

The Avengers were doing pretty good job defeating the incoming enemies. However, there was a delay on their initial plan. The power was cut off on half of their way through the center. The only eye to them is Sam.

"Cap, Power is cut all the way here. The control room wasn't be a use anymore."

Steve look for a way to execute the plan successfully and comes out on an idea.

"Can you use the mini bird to scan heat signature on the building?"Steve asked not sure if Sam will understand.

Sam think for a moment and despite the situation they are in he still can't stop smiling while shaking his head.

"Mini bird, really Cap?"

" Whatever." Steve rolled his eyes.

"For your question, I can do that but I cannot assist all of you. The " mini bird " as what you call it, can only scan 1/4 of the building."

" That'll do. Go search for Thor. Make sure to be his eyes. Afterall you're still his slave right?"

Sam rolled his eyes but didn't respond to Captain's remark. He wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

The Captain walked on the dangerously narrow corridor. He is only relying on his instinct and his senses. If an enemy attack him, he's sure they are using night vision. He can just grab one of those and he'll be back in business. There's no denying his having trouble now without help of any lights.

Meanwhile, Natasha wasn't bothered at all. She remained cool and focus at her remaining senses. It wasn't new to her fighting in darkness even without device to help her. She heard footsteps approaching and ducked. The men were surprised by bullets pierced through them.

Thor was the nearest to the center, however, he wasn't successful finding Clint. He grew impatient. The team slowed down because of the enemy's trick. He raised his axe that accumulates thousands of vaults. Within milliseconds the thunders erupted on the building providing electricity to the power source that lit up the building. Honestly, Thor didn't think that it would work. The team thanked him and Thor feel proud of his doing. Sam was once again back on business on the control room getting footage of the whole building. When they thought all things are back smoothly, they were wrong, because they only made it worst.

Sorry, Anyone. I know I'm getting worst and worst on this writing thing. Still, comment your thoughts. :(