Part 10

Natasha
Hurriedly, I walked to the washroom, still occupied by the gesture Steve showed earlier. Truth was, I am smiling ear to ear. Never have I felt precious before. Its nice to know that someone protects you. It is the first time that Steve lend me a jacket. To be honest, when I saw Maria wore his' on the party before, I felt a little bit jealous. Second time, is when he even lend my jacket to Wanda without my permission which doesn't count technically, and last is on Sharons which by the way his girlfriend. Dammit Natasha! the guy has a girlfriend and you're getting giddy on the stuff that every gentleman would do? There's nothing special about it! Make up your mind! Why do I make small things big? I sighed at the thought, then walked fast out of the washroom not noticing someone was heading on my way which lead us to bumping each other. Seriously, what's up with me bumping at anybody?

"Ow! the woman blurted. "

"I'm so sorry .. I look at the arm of the woman since I know that I hit it hard but faith seems to play with me since that woman is no other than Sharon.

"Its.. okay..." She smiled at me.

"Guess I'm not that sober."

She apologize to me and guilt rushed through me as I recall my growing feelings for her boyfriend. I was about to offer her a juice drink at the cafeteria when she started looking at me speculatively like I did something wrong. I returned the look but when she doesn't say anything. I asked her whats wrong then I instantly remembered I was wearing Steve's jacket.

" Oh this?" I grab the hem of the jacket and took it off sending it to her.

"You've gotten yourself having a relationship with a grandpa." I smiled at her playing it cool.

"Thanks but you can have it. In the first place Steve gave it to you." She said handing back the jacket. I can't help but feel the sarcasm on her words. I ignored it and shook my head.

"I better hurry Sharon, we're having a game and Steve was our opponent. I suggest you come along with me since they're doing pretty good on losing."

Her face suddenly lit up. I do not wait for her response and head straight to the lobby where the game was. I know Sharon was following so I keep up with my pace since this is getting awkward.

Steve
Break is almost over when Thor come back sweaty and was about to seat on their bench when I approached him.

" What happened ?" I asked while I tapped his shoulder. He is now sitting narrowing his eyes looking grumpy.

"I've been on the clinic. I must've eaten too much pop tarts." He explained to me. I laughed at the expression on his face. I almost bit my tongue when he showed me his pissed face.

"I'll win this." He said seriously.

"Sure you will." I tapped his shoulder once more, while leaving his company. Don't want grumpy old Thor heat up.

Only minutes before the resume of our game when Natasha entered and my mind instantly scold her as she was not wearing the jacket. I headed towards her but I stop when I saw Sharon behind having the jacket instead. Before I could asked Sharon about this, Natasha get in my way.

" Hey, sorry , I have to find a way to ditched your jacket. Its not really my style. I promise I won't use my charm anymore. "