Part 11

Steve
Natasha has been uncharacteristically and is avoiding me for a few weeks now. If she thinks I will let it go, I wouldn't. Tony along with Bruce, left the Avengers facility a day after the party to gather gifted individuals as what he call them ;referring  to the students of Xaviers's School run by Professor X. Wanda a week after, was called by Tony to follow him since professor X offered to personally train Wanda. Currently, Wanda is one of the students in Xavier. Clint as well left. He   went back home to Laura and his kids. Thor on the otherhand, remained here in the tower and at this very moment is devouring all the foods in the kitchen. I decided to go to him for some company but I saw Natasha is with him already enjoying some pickles and pizza.

"Steve!"

Natasha exclaimed. Surprised by my appearance. She paused for a moment as if debating to leave or to entertain me as well.

" Come lets' enjoy Thors treat."

She said finally. Gesturing me to seat on the vacant chair at the countertop. She even pulled the chair on her front for me but I ignored it seating on her side instead. Her eyes get bigger but she blinked it off. I ate silently as the atmosphere gets awkward. Thor didn't seem to be bothered anyway and just went on digging some pickles.

"I don't get this? Its disgusting but its addictive." Thor said while chewing the pickles on his mouth.

"Don't you know that you must not talk when your mouth is full?"  Natasha scolded Thor's manners.

" I don't.Why? " Thor said honestly. Natasha sighed.

"Nevermind. " She said.

" Lady, Natasha... ." Thor was about to say something but Natasha hushed him cutting him off by putting her finger in his lips. Thor was taken aback. I am as well.

" How many times I told you to eliminate the honorifics. Or if you can't help it please refrain from using it. If I hear you do that again. You have to kiss Steve."

She looked at me then wink. I also wanted to oppose that idea. I opened my mouth but I frowned instead leaving my mouth  hanging open for a moment.

" Why are you Thor's personal adviser?" I asked, Natasha.

"Yeah, since Thor will be living here on Earth, he must learn how to blend in.  Thats why aside Sam who is now doing force labor, I'll be by his side all the time. "

Thor's face seemed surprise for a second then nod while smiling at me. He then took his last bite of his pizza and wiped his mouth with tissue.

" Don't you have anything to do Thor?" Natasha asked.

" Right! I'll be in the pool area to go swimming.  He said and rose from his seat.

" Good, maybe Steve can teach you some strokes. Right Steve?"

Natasha suggested making Thor excited. He really enjoy being with me. His eyes even glitter like a child who was about to get candies.

" I... ."

I really didn't want to come since my plan for today is to talk to Natasha alone. I still didn't know why she is trying to avoid me but when I looked at Thor who is giving me a wide smile while his two thumbs are up the way his eyebrows raise made me say okay.

"Perfect! Now, if you'll excuse me gentlemen.. " Natasha quickly stood and left us.

Natasha
That was close. Thanks to Thor, Steve might've cornered me. Knowing Steve, he knew exactly that I am avoiding him. Because hes so innocent of course he wouldn't know why, and will do anything for me to tell him. The hell I'll tell him. It's almost three o'clock since our lunch and those guys should've been done on their swimming right now. I know Steve will hurried to me soon so I got to think. Should I hide?
It's so stupid of me! Why are you even scared of facing him. One thing I was very good at is playing with people but now my situation got twisted. If I continue being like this, I will never ever escape in this loop. I've been thinking for a minute and was stopped in my reverie when my phone beeped sending red lights, building alarm went on as well but its already too late since a bomb break through the glass wall. In my instinct I quickly grab the hardest thing nearest to me and swing it hitting the bomb before it falls to the ground. It went flying outside the building and I  run to my bed pushing it upward for a cover as I heard a loud explosion but it won't prevent the impact that knocks me for a moment. My ear is still ringing when I force my eyes open. My lungs are burning. I coughed hard. My eyes are watery due to the smoke. Something caught my eye blinking and I stood with my wobbly feet to check it. I grab the device and was surprised where it was came from. I gripped the device firmly as I think of Clint.

Steve
Three hours had past, Thor's endurance is what can I say? Amazing. Though, he really didn't get what I teach about different strokes for swimming. I should've known this will end like this but I enjoyed it anyway. Its nice to feel normal, I mean like people around you can keep up with you. I'm not complaining, but I don't want people treating me special. Thor and I was done in our last lap, though Thor still wanted to stay for a while, he then agreed to stop finally. I was done showering when I heard a loud explosion. My heart thumped fast.

" Jarvis what was that?" I asked Jarvis.

" A bomb managed to escape in our premises. Mr. Rogers.

" Where was the explosion?" I asked anxiously.

" At the hanger 15, west side of the building on 8th floor. " Jarvis answered on the air.

" Jarvis, English please. " I pleaded.

" The bomb explosion was on Ms. Romanoff 's room, Mr. Rogers.

I immediately run towards Natasha's room. And I can sense Thor is now following me as well. As if adrenaline rush pass through me since I run faster than I thought I can. The effect of the explosion was  bigger than I expected. I look at the surroundings and its hard now to recognize where the door is. The fire was already prevented all thanks to Stark's technology. I focused on scanning the area to find Natasha. Just when I'm about to get in the freshly burned room, Natasha walked from behind.

"Where you going?" She asked giving me a smirk.

"Natasha!" I exclaimed.

Out of my mind, I was about to embrace her in my arms when she stepped back and turned her head to the side. I looked at her puzzled then I realized I forgot to wear my shirt. I ignored what she did since I caught her head bleeding.

" You better get your head treated." I told her sounding directive. She was about to protest when I speak again.

" That's an order."

Natasha
The cuts were pretty bad since the nurses took a while stitching me. I refused to have anesthetic  since I am still thinking about Clint. I knew Ivan was up with this. The stitch was almost finish when the device blink again.

" May I go to the restroom." I asked the nurse.

"Its almost done." She said and I knew she was annoyed but still manage to sound concern.

" Please, I think I'm gonna throw up." I lied but the nurse believe it since it was one of the effect of an impact.

" Alright, but we still have to run some diagnostics after, Okay? " She informed me. Her concern now is genuine. I nod at her and hurried to the restroom. I waited first for the woman to leave so I could be alone in case there will be a mess. I took the device again in my jacket and it started to blink. I counted the times when it lit up as I check my watch. I knew it. It was a coordinates. They must've taken Clint as a hostage or worse his family. I won't let Ivan lay any finger on those kid. Over my dead body.