Chapter 52

•Jess's P.O.V•

My head is pounding and I feel heavy... I must have drunk too much last night.
I wake up to the sound of the room's door closing, and as soon as I open my eyes I find Mason placing something on the side table.

"Good morning" he seems nervous.

"Good morning" I try to sit, but I am so tired that it is a struggle.

"I left some food and painkillers there" he points at the table and keeps his hands on his pockets, moving uncomfortably. What is he doing here?

"Thank you... did you em... did you stay here?" I can't remember much... the last thing that I can recall is asking him to go dance.

"Yes, but I slept on the other side of the bed with my clothes on. I didn't want to, but you insisted and..."
Flashes of me begging him to stay appear in my mind, making my cheeks blush of embarrassment.

"Oh my God... I am so sorry I made you stay and that you had to see me like that" he said he didn't want to... auch.

"It's okay, you've seen me worse" he plays it off, trying to cover the awkwardness of the situation.

"Yeah well... I'll never drink again" I say rubbing my forehead... I feel really bad.

"Yeah, everyone says that at some point" he laughs and I can't help it but smile. What a beautiful sound...

"Yeah, I guess so"

"Anyway, I have to get going"

"Oh, sure, thank you again" of course he doesn't want to stay any longer.

"It's all good" he turns around and walks to the door.

"Mace em... do you want to come later?" Words come out of my mouth before I can even think about it. Stupid me, of course he doesn't want to come later. I have been a pain in the ass last night, and he took care of me out of pity, that is it.

"Are you sure about that?" He asks from the door, sounding confused.

"No, I mean, just forget about it" Can I possibly be more ridiculous?

"Oh okay... if you change your mind, I'll be glad to come"

"Really?" I sound more desperate than I intended to.

"Of course" he says as if it was obvious.

"Okay then... see you later?"

"Sure, I'll come at 7 for dinner, is that okay?" he asks passing a hand through his hair... damn he is too attractive.

"Perfect" I smile like a child while he watches me from the room's door.

"Make sure you eat that, you'll fee better" he reminds me of the food he placed on the side table.

"Yeah, I'll eat it now"

"Great, see you later bea-" he stops before completing the sentence and my heart almost drops "See you later" he rushes his words and leaves the room.

I'd give anything to hear him calling me beautiful again, but that is not happening, that is the past now.

•Mason's P.O.V•

My legs are shaking as I walk to Jess's room.
When she woke up this morning, she seemed happy to find me in the room.

Maybe she was too confused because of the headache, and she probably regrets telling me to come. Anyways, if she doesn't want me here, I am about to find out.

I knock on the door but she doesn't open. I wait a few seconds and knock harder.

"Oh my God, Mason, I forgot to set my alarm and I slept in!" She opens the door and checks the time on her phone. Her hair is messy and she looks sleepy. Her makeup from last night enhances the tiredness of her face; she looks beautiful.