Chapter 25:

DISTRICT 7 DOCTOR'S POV:

I see Peeta Mellark rush in the door hypervenalating, Katniss limp in his arms. tears are streaming down his face and i rush to him.  "Please! theres no pulse! shes not breathing! please save her!" he cries through his tears. i take her from his arms and carry her into the operating room. i call all the avaliable nurses and doctors in and start working fast.

my test comes out that her heart has stopped. i know about her condition but no one said she had major heart surgery this morning. i try and use the defibulator and i get a pulse but it vanishes after a few seconds. i turn them up and try it again. the pulse returns for a minute or so before dissapearing. we put her on oxygen and hope it will get her breathing.

we agree not to mention to Peeta that she was dead. he would lose it. after the oxygen is on for about an hour we get a strong pulse. she stirrs for a second and then shes gone again. we keep the oxygen on and i difibulate a few more times. each time the pulse is stronger but dissapears. i take a huge risk and turn them all the way up, this is almost never done or even attempted. i take a deep breath and press the pads to her chest. her back archs and a very strong pulse starts. she wakes up screaming and starts freaking out. she thinks shes having a nightmare and starts screaming.

"Katniss! its okay! your alive!" i tell her and her eyes widen. she tries to say something but no words come out. she starts taking deep hevy breaths and everyone walks out while i take a few more tests. shes fine and her heart is back to normal, but still the same as it was. Peeta bursts in and wrapps his arms tightly around her and they kiss. those two are so cute together. "Mr. Mellark, be careful shes weak. shes had two major surgeries today. he nods and his grip lessens on her. he pulls me aside so Katniss cant hear and asks.

"did she...." i see the worry in his eyes and no i cnt lie to him.

"6 times..... but she'll be fine, as long as shes careful with her heart rate." i assure him.

"yeah, were used to that part..." he says.

KATNISS'S POV

We walk out of the hospital and i'm still confused. i died. i know i did! i remember the light and my life flashing before my eyes. they must have brought me back. now i know how Peeta must have felt. he's died twice before. once in the Quell and again when they rescued him from the Capitol when he got shot. "i died Peeta...i know i did!" i say worriedly. he looks down. i see him nod slowly. i know hes hurt. " i'm fine now. i promise i wont leave you again." i say taking his hand in my own.

"i think it was a bad idea to bring you here. you had surgery this morning, and then i lost you and you had another surgery and i just made it all worse..." he says. i step in front of him and he stops.

"no. it was my descision to go. you did the right thing encouraging me to stay home. i should have listened." i say. i kiss him lightly on the lips and he forces a half of a smile. we get on the train again and he makes me lay down and sleep. i'm afraid to because i fear i might not wake up. but somehow he convinces me to and i let my eyelids droop and i fall asleep.

when i wake up Peeta's not there but i know i cant get up and go find him. for a while i just lay there and think about how lucky i am to be alive and breathing right now.

Peeta rushes in with some paperwork and hands me a pen. i sign then slowly and he kisses me before leaving again. he comes back about a half an hour later and the train starts moving.  he sits down next to me on the bed and i rest my head on his chest. we dont talk much because i still feel tired and somewhat dizzy.

at some point i drift off to sleep and go without nightmares which is a releif.

i wake up still wrapped in Peeta's arms. hes asleep as well. i dont want to wake him but he start thrashing and sweating so i know hes having a nightmare. i shake him awake. "Peeta! Wake up! Its Okay! Peeta wake up!" he wakes and start breathing heavily. he wraps his arms tightly around me and kisses my forehead.

"i. you. the games. again. i.i.i. i lost you. your alive, dear god than you! thank god your alive!" his breathing slows until it returns to normal.

"no,Peeta. we're both gonna stay here and cause all kinds of trouble." i say kissing him.