11

"YOURE GOING TO HATE MY IDEA

"YOURE GOING TO HATE MY IDEA." Lauren huffs as Mitch holds onto her tightly.
They were crouched behind a seat along with other passengers who were staring fearfully at the train cars window that lead into the other one.
"I'm a doctor I can help." The lady across from them said.
Mitch tried to mumble but Lauren shushes him as the lady rushes to him and begins tending to his wounds.
"I'm Lydia." She introduces as Lauren aims the gun at the train cars door.
"We have to get to the front of the train after we unhook this car from that one." Lauren explained.
"There's still people in there." Lydia argued.
"They are looking for him and I, not them." Lauren said as she turned to Mitch.
"Can you move?" She asked as she gripped his arm.
"I can." He went to stand up but Lydia grabbed him and slammed him back down as she continues to un revel the mess of gauze on his wound.
"He can't, what do you need me to do? I'll do it." She said determined.
"When the train start moving, break the chain tying this car to that one okay? I'll try to run back to help but we are in car twelve." Lydia nodded as she put a bandaid on his sound and stood up.
"You'll need this. It has thirty bullets left. That's more enough to protect yourself and break the chain." Lauren hands her the gun as she holds it like a foreign object.
"Let's just hope I'm not a bad shot." She nervously jokes.
"When the train car moves okay? If you break it off before they'll notice and come for you." Lauren warned before running off to the front of the car, opening the door and running through the rest of the train cars.
"ITS OKAY IM GONNA GET US MOVING." She yelled as she passed the terrified passengers.
She stopped and began to catch her breath as she saw the engine room. She walked over to is and pulled the lever to open it, the engineer fell over in front of her feet, blood spreading onto the ground. She stepped over his body and closed the door behind her as she looked at the controls.
"It's just a key and a lever." She said dumbfounded.
She opened the cabinet under the seating and smiled when she found a users manual.
"Unlock the knife switch." She read.
"At the top of the cab." She finishes.
Before setting it down and rushing to the door. She turned and saw the ladder over the door and gripped it, climbing it.
"Atleast I don't have to do this on a moving train." She calms herself down as she makes it to the top.
She sees the knife stuck into the whole and she grabs it, twisting it all the way as the cab roars to life.
"Easy enough." She rushed back down and into the control room as she read the next steps.
She quickly moved over to the control panel and opened the locked compartment, traveling the engine switches. She began to quickly switch on all of the switches.
"Done now the key." She stood up and twisted the key all the way to the right, the control panel lighting up and then she turned it to the left all the way as the engine powered on.
"Here we go." She grabbed the lever and clutched it as she pushed it to notch 1.
The whole train began to move as she slowly turned up the notch, careful not to overpower the engine.
When she reached notch eight, she ran backs out of the cabin. Each car clinking as they begin to move along with the engine car.
Gun shots were shot off as she made it to the cabin and she opened the door, bodies with blood spilling were covering the floor, Her heart began to be faster as she saw Lydia shoot the chain, separating the carts from the two suspects. Lydia fell back while gripping her leg tightly.
"What the fuck happened?" Lauren questioned.
"Your boyfriend is an asshole." She spat before crawling to her bed kit which was laying next to a very bothered Mitch.
"She froze!" Mitch glared at Lydia.
"Ok? She's human? Why the hell is everyone else dead?" Lauren asked Mitch as Lydia began to tie a bandage around her leg.
Lydia glanced up at Mitch as they both looked at each other cautiously.
"She got the bullet out of me and I felt better so she threw the gun at me after they got in because she froze and then they shot everyone before I had the time to take most of them out, the others hopped back onto the other cart." Mitch explained, keeping his eyes on Lydia.
"Right Lydia?" He crosses his arms while tilting his head.
"Yeah, it was terrifying." She gulped as as finished tying off her leg.
Lauren knew something was off, but she chose to ignore it. She didn't care what happened as long as Mitch was still alive.
Lauren sighed in response before bringing up the issue at hand, "Any one know how to drive a train?"