34.

Zachs POV

We stayed in the laying position for awhile Luna hasn't spoken in a while and i fear she's fallen asleep. "Luna?" I whisper, she turns her head towards me "yes Zach" i clear my throat "I want to ask you something but I'm scared" she sits up and I notice her face change. She was nervous now "don't be scared" I nod and sit up, I slowly go down on one knee "before you freak out, I'm not asking to marry you. Not yet anyways" her face was red and her breathing got heavy, she nodded and took my hand that i hand reached out. "Luna i know its been hard to see you this past two weeks but I'm trying my best to make it up too you. We've been together for months now but I've known you for years, and I always knew you'd be the one I would have a family with. Now we stand here today, enjoying each other's company. I wanted to give this ring" I pull the box out of my pocket revealing the simple ring with a small diamond on top. She covers her mouth at the sight but looks back into my eyes "as a promise, a promise I'm yours and a promise you're mine, as a promise one day i'll get down on one knee again and tell you how much I love you, a promise when you walk down that aisle i'll cry at the beautiful woman who will be my rock. I promise one day you'll have my children. I promise no matter what i will always love you" we both had tears streaming down our faces, im not longer scared of the outcome.

She grabs my face and kisses my lips, "i promise" she mumbled before kissing me again. "I promise" I repeat, we kiss a few more times before she let me place the ring on her finger. She glanced at the diamond on her hand before wrapping her arms around me again. She stayed in my arms until we both manged to pull away. "can you come back to my place?" She whispers with hope in her eyes, "hang on" I reach for my phone and called jack it's was just about 2am. He picked up in the second ring. "what's up?" Jack cheered before I could talk he talked again "what she say?" I hear shuffling and I knew I was on speaker phone. "she said yes" the guys cheer and hollar and i pull my phone away from my ear, I glance at Luna, she had a huge grin from ear to ear. "okay guys chill, I wanted to know if you think I could get away with spending the night with Luna?" There was a small silence then Daniel spoke "David hasn't been here or even checking up on us, but if he does we gotchu" I smile and nod towards Luna she claps her hands and stands up. "okay I'll call you guys in the morning" before I hung up Jonah yells "USE PROTECTION" Luna heard him and giggled. I followed her to my car but jogging ahead so I can hold her door open for her. She rolls her eyes playfully and gets in.

I sit down and take a deep breathe "I love you" she grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers "I love you too" I start the car and make our way to hee house. We walked quietly into her house careful not to wake anyone. When we entered her room I was hit with her scent, she always spelled of strawberries mixed with something that I could never put my finger on. She tossed me some of my clothes and look at her in shock "did you take these?" She covers her face and giggle. She's so cute, wtf. She changes into her pjs which is ny hoodie and her underwear. She snuggles into my side and begins to drag her finger on my stomach, she has always done this to me it was one of the many things that made me fall in love with her. "Zach" she whispered. "Luna" I mock. "do you ever wonder how different the world would have been if you didn't make one small decision?" I think for a second before answering "no not really, have you?" She nods "all the time" I run my fingers through her hair "you want to tell me one?" She sighed and turned up towards me "sometimes I wonder what if I would of stopped hanging out with you? What if one day you called me and I said no, would we be where we are now?" I told my head a little and smile before answering "we would still be where we are" she rose her eyebrow "how?" I smile and kiss her lips "because I've always loved you, I wouldn't have let you go so easily" I felt her heart beat race against my chest "always?" She continued "like since the beginning?" I nod "since the day you came outside and played soccer with me" a small tear fell from her eyes, did I make her cry? I wiped it away "why are you crying?" She smiled through the tears and kissed me "I've always loved you" she said. "Since the beginning?" She nodded and kissed me again "since the day you invited me to play soccer with you" she mocks and we both laugh.

Why did it take me so long? I always felt something there and I've always loved her. Why did it take me so long to make her mine? I shouldn't have put her through all that pain, she didn't deserve it especially from me? She loved me and all I did was hurt her. I know she forgave me but it's gonna take me sometime to forgive myself. Luna deserves all the happiness in the world, all the love in the world. She deserves to be happy.

"You're all I ever needed and wanted" she mumbles, "you're all I ever wanted, needed, loved, and my happiness" I say. She rests her head on mine and closes her eyes, I close mine as well. "I don't know how many times I'll say i love you but I will say everyday at least two times a day for the rest of our lives just so you know and understand how much you really mean to me" I take a breath and continue "I know all I've done today is pour my heart out to you but you deserve to know how much you mean to me, I lacked that for years. It's crazy you said yes especially what I put you through-" she kissed me stopping me from talking "shhhh I know baby" she reassures. "I know". She rested her head on my shoulder before falling asleep.

I can't believe she said yes, she's in love with me and im in love with her. We're still young, we're only 18. We can't get married yet, what if later on down the road she realizes she doesn't love me anymore. You know what no stop Zach. She loves me and i love her, I can't make this complicated again my mind does that too much. If I didn't let my mind get the best of me we would have been together a long time ago. I take a deep breath and kiss the top of her head before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

🌙