Calm Before the Storm

Dr. Orion raced through the facility, yanking his lab coat off of the coat rack on his way in and throwing it over his clothes. Quickly, he made his away towards the back of the damp premises, one of his coworkers bounding towards him.

"Dr. Orion, thank goodness you're here! The beast, it won't listen to us! If we don't stabilize it soon, it'll-."

"Don't remind me, Dr. Nolan," Dr. Orion said with a grimace on his darkened face, not even bringing himself to look at her. "Don't remind me."

The further he went, the more populated the grey lab became. Everyone was hurrying, doing everything they could to prepare for the worst. Finally, he reached a heavy pair of sleek, guarded iron doors. He shakily showed his ID to the guards before they hesitantly stepped aside, allowing him to pass. "Good luck in there," one of them said. The door made a hissing noise as it slid open, a thin layer of smoke erupting from the ground. Dr. Orion gulped and as soon as he passed the threshold, the door slammed shut behind him.

The beast lived in a cave. The whole lab was a cave actually, except the rest of the facility had been further carved into industrialized rooms. The creature's home, however, was completely untouched by man. This was partly because the habitat helped the beast feel at home and subdued its rage, but mostly, it was because the scientists were too afraid to go near it.

Dr. Orion calculated each of his steps carefully. As collected as he was, he couldn't stop his knees from shaking. His mind was racing, asking questions that he didn't want answers to. Eventually, he reached what he assumed was the middle of the large cave. He knew from memory that the room held a river, and he could hear the trickling of water nearby.

The beast began to speak, it's voice in Dr. Orion's mind. It was almost as if it was right next to the scientist, whispering it's foul language in his unwilling ears. "Apollo, how nice it is for you to visit," the voice said, it's vocals low and even. It almost sounded human.

Dr. Orion stood tall, gazing into the darkness, unable to see the creature. "Why have you awoken?"

The beast laughed. It was a cold, cruel laugh. "Don't act like you don't know, Apollo."

Dr. Orion felt his hair stand on end. "But, the prophecy was completed without you! Why stir again?"

The beast's eyes suddenly shown in the blackness. They were a terrifyingly deep purple and seemed to penetrate every inch of Dr. Orion's bold stance. "Tell me, Apollo. Was it?" The beast snarled, referring to the prophecy.

Dr. Orion shook the fear from his mind. "My daughter already fought a beast."

"That Necrozma is nothing compared to me." There was a low growling in the dark. "While Necrozma feels sorrow, I have no empathy. While Necrozma is a legend, I am a god. While Necrozma was tamed by a child, men, including yourself, are afraid to even say my name." The purple eyes vanished and the room fell silent. The only noise was the steady dripping of water. "I look forward to this little game, Apollo."

.....

Dr. Orion, although the cave was cool and damp, was sweating as he reentered the lab. Dr. Nolan rushed over to him, ordering the guards to lock the doors to beast's lair. She turned to Dr. Orion. "How did it go?"

Dr. Orion's flushed-out face was a greyish hue. When he spoke, it was almost a whisper. "Whatever you do, don't let Mewtwo escape."

————————————————————————

Bet you weren't expecting that, huh? Haha, this is going to be fun.

When The Sun Sets (Moon X Gladion)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें