Welcome to Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

McGonagall spoke, "All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbldedore would like to say a few words." A man with long whit hair and beard stood to speak, "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch" he signaled to a raggedy man with a cat with red eyes. "has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." he finished.

    "Okay then." I whispered sarcastically to myself. McGonagall spoke, "When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses... Hermione Granger." Hermione looked nervous. "Good luck." I whispered to her. She got up and sat on the stool. The hat was placed on her head and began to speak, "Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!" It rang out. Hermione hopped down from the stool to join her table with a smile on her face.

    "Draco Malfoy." McGonagall announced. Draco walked confidently up to the stool and sat down. Before the hat even touched his head it shouted, "Slytherin!" He smirked and join his table. "There's not a witch or wizard that hasn't gone bad that wasn't in Slytherin." Ron whispered to me and Harry. "Not all Slytherins are bad. Just give them a chance." I defended. "I'll believe it when I see it." Ron said.

    "Susan Bones." McGonagall announced.  Harry and I were looking around at saw a man with black hair and a crocked nose. He looked familiar, wait a minute he's the teacher from my dream. Professor Severus Snape. He glare at us, when he did Harry and I winced and grabbed our scars. "Harry, (Y/N), what is it?" Ron questioned. "It's nothing, we're fine." Harry and I said.

I directed my attention to go back to the ceremony. "Ronald Weasley." McGonagall called. Ron nervously walked up to the stool and sat down. When the hat was placed on his head it spat, "Ah! Another Weasley. I know just where to put you...Gryffindor!!" Ron's face turned to relief and joined his table.

    McGonagall then called, "Harry Potter." everyone went silent as Harry went up to the stool. When the hat was placed on his head it spoke, "Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?"

"Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin." Harry whispered to it. They went back and forth about it. Then the had rang, "Well, if youre sure...better be...GRYFFINDOR!!" Harry smiled at me and went to the table. "(Y/N) Potter." McGonagall announced.

    Once again everyone went silent as I walked up and sat on the stool. When the hat was place on my head it spoke, "Hm...same blood and birthday as the previous one. Though you are very different in several unseen ways."  I wanted the hat to put me in the house it thought best. I looked at Harry who mouthed to himself 'Please be Gryffindor'  Then I looked at Draco who mouthed to himself 'Please be Slytherin'.

The hat continued, "You have much more power way beyond any first year, way beyond any year to be exact. Yes, you have great great power in you, so much that you will have trouble controlling them. You have a quick wit, bravery, great ambition, and you're cunning. Your also very head strong, resourceful and kind to those you wish. Any house will be good for you. Let me think... I know where to put you...SLYTHERIN!" The hat rang.

    I smiled and joined my table. I looked at my table and Draco signaled me to sit next to him, and I did. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I looked at the Gryffindor table and saw Ron, Harry, and Hermione looking at me disappointed. I mouthed to Hermione 'Are we still friends?' she smiled and nodded which relieved me. "Hi, I'm Ruby Camtero." said a girl with glasses and short dark brown hair.

"And this is Micaela Nanni." she nodded her head to a girl with short light dirty blonde hair (if that makes sense) with thin streaks of green and blue in it, she also had blue eyes. "Hi I'm-" "(Y/N) Potter, we know who you are." Ruby said. "We're first years as well." Micaela spoke. "Well it's nice to meet you both, I hope we can be friends." I said. "Of course." they both beamed.

    After everyone was sorted we then heard a taping on a glass. Everyone turned there attention to it. "You're attention please." McGonagall spoke. Dumbledore stood and announced, "Let the feast begin." And with the wave of his hand plates filled with food appeared in front of everyone. Everyone was in awe for a moment then dug in. "So, what was your life like, I expect the famous Potter twins had a lavishing one." Ruby said. "Actually quite the opposite." I responded

    "I was raised by muggles and didn't find out I was a witch til a day before school started." "Really? I'd expect that they would at least tell you about your parents being what they are." Ruby said. "They did once I got my letter, but they didn't tell me the real way they...you know."

I tried to say the actual word, but couldn't bring myself to. "I bet they we're amazing people." Draco said assuring me by putting his hand on my shoulder. I turned to him. "I like to think they were, by they people describe them they sound like they were." I said to him with a sad smile.

    I felt like someone was staring at me. I turned to see Harry glaring at Draco. Ron was staring at me, but when I caught him he blushed and looked away. I let it go and went back to eating. I didn't eat much because I wasn't used to all the food. Once everyone was done we were lead to our houses by the head boy. I was looking for the entrance of the Slytherin house to find the crowd.

"The Slytherin house is in the dungeons." said a girl with wavy brown hair. "Hi I'm Celeste Garcia." She said extending her hand and I gladly shook it. "(Y/N) Potter, are you a Slytherin too?" I asked. "No, I'm a Hufflepuff just thought you needed help. I'm a first year too." she replied. "Well thanks. I best be going I'll see you around." and with that I left.

    I found the crowd of first year Slytherin and joined them. "Now listen closely first years for the password. Once you learn it you keep it to yourself. Don't not, tell anyone from any other house the password." the head boy then turned to the painting. It came alive and asked for the password "Dragon blood." the boy said.

The painting swung open to reveal the common room. It was Slytherin colors and had an amazing view of the black lake. "First year boys dormitories upstairs on the left, girls same on the right." the head boy finished. I went to my dorm, luckily I shared it with Ruby and Micaela.

    I put my hair up so it wasn't in my way when I was unpacking. "Whoa." I heard my friends say. "What is it?" I questioned. "Your scar is so wicked." Micaela said and I
smiled. "It's getting late I'm gonna head to bed." I took my knife out of my pocket and put it on the night stand next to my bed.

    The girls looked at it confused. "What's that?" Ruby asked. "Oh this, it's a butterfly knife see." I flipped it open to reveal the knife itself. "It's a muggle weapon. I bought it with my own money." I informed and flipped it closed. "Why'd you bring it?" Mikila questioned. "You never know went it can come in handy." I said. I put it back on my night stand and changed into my pajamas. I crawled into to bed as well as everyone else. "Good night girls." "Good night." and with that I went to sleep ready for the next day.