A Winter's Ball

<Alex's POV>

I straighten my jacket as I walk in the door with my crew. "LADIES!" We all yell in unison. I winked at a girl across the room in a magenta dress.

I look at Jane, who's wearing the cutest navy blue dress. It look so good on her. I felt bad that she had to pretend to be a guy at the camps, so I was glad she finally got to be herself. Although, she looks uncomfortable...

"Hey Jane!" I say kinda loudly, wanting her to hear me over the loud music. I notice she winces when I say her name, but I shrug it off. "You okay? You seem like you don't want to be here." I say, in a normal voice, since the music has now quieted down.

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm just not the most social person... " she said, rubbing the back of her neck. I look at her oddly, remembering the time when we first met, and how confidant she was.

"Oh... I see..." I took a deep and shaky breath. Am I really about to say this? "Wouldyoucareforadance?!" I say really fast, hoping she understood me. She laughed and said, "Why not, Non-Stop." I blushed at the nickname. I took her hand and led her to the dance floor as a new song started.

  I noticed a girl across the room dancing with another girl. Eliza, I think her name was. Burr told me about her and her sisters. I got an tap on the arm from Jane, and I snapped back to reality.

My wrists started hurting, but I ignored the pain. I wanted to dance with this beautiful creature in front of me. I put my hands around her waist. (You know the dance position, right? That's what I'm trying to describe...) She put her hands loosely around my neck and we started dancing. I'd never felt so alive. The song that was playing was called "Something Wild" By Linsey Sterling. I had heard it before somewhere, but I didn't really listen to it. Jane closed her eyes and smiled. As I marveled at her beauty, I began to hear her sing.

"And even though you're scared, you're stronger than you know..." I guided her all around the ballroom, and I noticed everyone was staring at us. Almost everyone. Lafayette an Hercules were dancing closely, and I saw Lafayette wink at me, and I gave him a thumbs up. I'm glad they're happy. Laf smiled at me then returned his focus back to his lover.

"If you face the fear that keeps you frozen, chase the sky into the ocean, that's when something wild calls you home..." "Home..." I sing along, slightly remembering the chorus. We dance like no one is watching, whilst knowing everyone's eyes are on us. We gradually dance to the middle of the ballroom, and the others make a circle for us to dance in. The lyrics come flooding back to me, and I start singing with her. "That's when something wild calls you home, home..." we sing in unison. We keep dancing, doing a few twirls and dips every once in a while. "That's when something wild calls you home, home..." we finish the song much closer than we were at the beginning. As everyone clapped we did a small bow. I looked at Jane, who was now standing beside me. "Not the most social person, huh?" I say jokingly, remembering our conversation. She gives me half-hearted smile before looking away. There's something she's not telling me, but I don't ask.

"I'm glad you finally get to be yourself, instead of pretending to be a guy." She looked at me like I was stupid, but just sighed. "Yeah, I get to be myself..." She says, taking a glass of chardonnay from a waiter. She takes a sip, and looks at the ground. I see her eyes water, and I panic. "I... Uh.... Jane!" I say a bit louder then I intended. She jumps, and she turns her gaze to me.

"W-Would you like to come to the balcony... with me?" I looked down at the last part, feeling a blush make its way to my cheeks. "Sure, Alex." She smiles and took my arm, as I led us to the door that led to said balcony. "What a gentleman." She laughed as I opened the door for her. I closed the door and walked to Jane, who was leaning on the rail, facing the night sky. I silently pep talked myself, working up the courage to do something that usually came so naturally.

"Jane-" I was cut off by Jane turning around and kissing me.

I melted into the kiss, cupping her face softly. We pulled apart. Both of us were smiling like there was no tomorrow. She hugged me tightly, and I felt fireworks go off inside my head.

This is what true love feels like, huh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OH MY GOD I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN YEARS I'M SO SO SO SO SO SORRY-

I was trying to think of ideas for another book I am struggling to write the FIRST chapter of, I completely forgot to continue writing this one. I am so sorry guys! Anyways, here's this. It ACTUALLY happened this time! Okay I'm gonna go listen to Be More Chill and watch JackSepticEye..... Bye guys!!!

825 Words!