eight

"At least go eat dinner upstairs," Nana pleaded.

It had been around two hours that Nana locked herself in the dungeon - not psychically, of course, since Marcy had the key.

Namjoon hadn't moved from his spot. He occasionally shifted around or stood up to wake up his butt that fell asleep, but he never left the dungeon.

"I'm not hungry," he responded.

Nana rolled her eyes. "Just...go eat."

"No."

"Why are you so stubborn?" Nana asked.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "Really? You're asking me that? Have you looked in a mirror recently?"

Nana rolled her eyes. "And your attitude - God, your attitude. Where did you even learn that from?"

Namjoon hummed as he stared at her. He leaned against the concrete wall, watching the moonlight hit Nana's skin through the small metal window.

Nana had an expression of realization. "Right. You learned that from me."

The only sounds in the dungeon were Namjoon's breathy chuckles. Nothing else was said after that.

Both of them didn't really know how long they had stayed silent. Time was nothing to vampires - even if Namjoon was only half-vampire.

"You should just run away," Nana whispered.

Namjoon looked up from staring at the palms of his hands. "What? What do you mean?"

"Your family were all vampire hunters. You should take up the family job and run away. Better yet, you should just kill me in cold blood - like what my mother did to your mother and baby sister."

Namjoon didn't want to think of his family. He clenched his fists. He didn't like hearing or talking about his family. "How would I even get out of here? And I won't kill you. You're not the one who killed my mother and sister."

Nana shrugged. "Take Marcy's keys, grab a knife, then come in here and kill me. Hell, you can set me on fire if you'd like."

"I wouldn't like that," he responded.

"You mean a lot to me, Namjoon, but you don't belong here. You're better off ridding the world of monsters like me," Nana softly said.

Namjoon sighed, taking something out of his back pocket.

Nana squinted her eyes. "Are those Marcy's keys?"

He grinned. "I nicked them."