Chapter 1 - The News.

The building was huge, possibly one of the largest I had ever seen in my entire life.  I caught herself thinking that again as I walked through the front doors for the second time.  The last time I was in here, my dream had been set into action.  I had always wanted to be a singer, and now that was slowly coming true.  The last time I was in this building was when Simon Cowell had signed me to his record label.

 This time?  I had no idea why Simon had called me and asked me to come in again.  I had tried to think of a reason for it, but so far I wasn't able to think of anything.  I had only been in the music business a few months, so I was still really new to how everything worked.  What did it matter anyway?  As long as Simon hadn't called me to tell me that he had changed his mind, I would be fine with whatever he came up with.

 I tucked a curly piece of brown hair behind my ear and took my sunglasses off, slipping them into my bag.  My blue eyes scanned the lobby before resting on the receptionist.  I walked confidently over to the aging lady.

"Hello Skylar.  Simon is already waiting for you in his office.  Hurry up there before you're late.”  The lady said, waving me away before I could even get a word out.  I nodded and walked toward the elevator.

I pressed the button that would lead me to the floor that Simon's office was on before moving to stand beside the man waiting in the back of the elevator.  I could feel his eyes on me as the elevator began rising.  I didn't pay much attention to him however.  He was at least ten years older than me, probably more.  I didn't know who he was and honestly didn't care if he knew who I was.

 I nodded once to the man before exiting once the elevator reached my stop.  My heels clicked softly on the tile floor as I made my way toward the last door on my right.  I checked my watch before quickly walking through the door.  “Sorry I'm late.”

 “Skylar, you are a minute later than I expected you to be.  I doubt that could actually be considered late.  It's nice to see you, please take a seat.”  Simon said motioning to one of two chairs In front of his desk.  It was only then that I noticed the other chair was occupied.

 A boy with curly hair and green eyes looked over his shoulder at me.  His eyes widened at the same time as mine.  “Harry?  What exactly is this meeting about Simon?”  I asked, looking from the boy to the man.

 “I'll tell you as soon as you sit down.”  Simon replied, motioning once again to the chair.

 I nodded and walked across the small space in between the door and the desk.  I slowly sat down, keeping my attention on Simon.

 He sighed and looked between the two singers.  His gaze fell on me.  “I assume you are familiar with Harry's band One Direction?”  He asked.

 I smirked, “I'm very familiar with them Sir.  Then again, it'd would be hard not to be.  They are everywhere.”  I said, looking at Harry out of the corner of her eye.  He had a small smug-looking smirk on his lips.  I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Simon.

 “Good, I also assume that you know of Harry's reputation as the band's flirt?”

 I nodded.  “Yes I do."

 “Well, Harry and I have been talking and we've decided that we wanted to try and change his reputation.  You may or may not know this, but it's not true.  That is where you come in.”

 A confused look fell across my face.  “Me?  I'm sorry, I don't think that I see where you're going with this sir.”

 “I want you and Harry to start going out.”  He explained bluntly.

 “What?”  Harry and I said at the same time, sounding shocked.

 “You don't have to actually go out, although it would be better if you did.”

 “So, you're saying that you want us to pretend to date?”  Harry asked, looking at me.

 “Exactly.  It will be a great kick-start to Skylar's career, and it could get rid of your reputation.  The only thing is, if you two don't actually start dating, you can't be seen with anyone else under any circumstances.”  He said, looking between us.

 “Okay, so what exactly do you want us to do in order to pretend to date?”  I asked.  This was going to be fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! What's up? Sorry that I should be working on chapter 5 of Did you Mean it and I wrote this instead. I promise that I will try my best to keep both of them updated.

Anyway! what do you guys think so far? Please tell me your thoughts. Is this idea cliche? I haven't really seen a fan-fic like it, but I haven't seen all that many fan-fics so far.

Also, I didn't edit this before posting it, so sorry if there's any spelling errors or anything.