Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I have never felt so nervous in my whole life. Not even when I tried adjusting to my new lifestyle, no. But this time my heart was beating in such a fast pace it might come out of my chest anytime by now.

Just tell him it was a friendly gesture. Yeah, a friendly gesture. I mean I see girls in our school do it when they see each other. A kiss? On a guys cheek? A friendly gesture? Nope not working.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed.

I don't know what to do. What if he's angry at me? I wish he's not. God!

I kicked the dusty gravel on the ground making my way to the car and touched my butt. Remembering his gentle pat on my bu- Stop.

Taking a deep breath I tried prying the passenger open but no avail, it's locked. I'll have to wait for him then.

Minutes later I saw Evo walking his head bowing down. He opened the car door and hoped in.

So it wasn't locked.

Opening the door I tried getting in but it seems like my body was holding me down. For the second time today I'm failing on doing something.

"Here," He grabbed my hand making me freeze again.

We were both frozen staring at each other's gazes. His held such emotion yet I can't pin point what it is. While I just stared at him with shock. The ray of morning sunlight made it's way between us making this moment look picture perfect.

His touch made my skin spread tingly feelings like a poison spreading. It felt so good and I was craving for more. But I immediately retracted my hand and looked away.

"No. I got this," I gathered all my strength and pulled my body up making me bounce on the seat.

I closed the door softly and laid back on the soft chair. I sighed in relief making my eyes droop.

Soon I was embraced by slumber.

Clash.

I heard breaking sounds and it made me open my eyes. It's happening again. But now I'm in a different place.

This is a place where I lastly would want to be. I floated my way around our old and creaky house searching where the breaking of glasses came.

I went to her room and saw her in front of her old and what used to be her vanity. Her perfumes on the floor with it's content spreading all over the greenish wood.

What's she doing? I think she sensed me because she turned to look at me.

"Joanna," Her voice were filled with longing and regret?

I made my way behind her. I stared at her in her cracked mirror. My mother tired touching me but she couldn't considering I was like a ghost.

"What mother? Miss me?" I dangerously asked.

She shook her head like a mad man maybe trying to get my floating image out of her mind. There's no way out of this.

"What happened to my baby?" Her baby. I was liked her carpet. Her rug. I was like a slave to her and she calls me her baby.

"You did this to me mother," I moved to the right side of her ear continuing what I was saying, "This is all your fault. If it weren't for your stupid beating this wouldn't happen."

She tried pushing me away but she had no power to do that. she turned to face me. Regret evident on her face which obviously is what I was expecting since her only child went missing.