Friends

/Ambers POV/

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I flail my hand in the air trying to find my alarm clock, instead I find my lamp and push it off my nightstand..

"Crap" I mutter.

I drag myself out of bed and downstairs to the kitchen wearing my favorite pair of pink fuzzy pajama pants and a purple sports bra. My dad is sitting at the kitchen table watching a violent tv show on his phone (as always) my annoying little sister, Allison, next to him. She's 9 and already dresses like a whore.

"Slut" I whisper as I walk by her with my bowl of lucky charms.

"Daaad" she wails "Amber called me a slut!"

He looks up from his phone for half a second and glares at both of us then goes back to watching his show, which was enough to make us stop arguing. Just as I finish my cereal the doorbell rings, omg I totally forgot my bestie, Amy, and my crush, Brent, we're coming over today! I answer the door still wearing my sports bra.

"H-hey guys" I stutter "I'll umm be right back"

I trip up the stairs to my mint colored room and throw on a pair of cut offs, a loose pink crop top, and my favorite pair of galaxy vans.

"Ready to go?" I say optimistically to my friends.

"Where do you think your going??" My dad asks in a monotone voice.

"To the mall?" I respond, unsure of my outfit choice.

He waves me away which is his great way of saying okay. But that's the thing about my dad, he lets me and Alli do almost anything we want and wear whatever we want. I think he's only that way because he doesn't know what my mom would do if she were here. See, my mom, Angela, died when I was Alli's age, I'm 17 now and have lived without a mom for 8 years. Let me just tell you, it's a living hell! I walk out the door with my friends and we head to the mall in Brent's car.