"I'm going to put these in some water." She said, walking out of the living room.

"So, babygirl.." My dad said sitting down on the couch.

"Yeah?" I asked, plopping down next to him.

"You graduate in a month, right?" He asked and I nodded.

"And, prom is in 2 days?" He asked and I nodded again.

He sighed deeply, rubbing a hand down his face. I knew it was because he missed so many years of my life, physically and it was taking a toll on him and the same for me.

"You're going with Amaru?" He asked and I nodded.

"What colors are y'all wearing?" He asked.

"Red and Black." I told him.

"Did you get your prom dress yet?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Did you get anything?" He asked surprised.

"I haven't had the chance, last month was so hectic." I said referring to this situation.

"Keish, why you ain't get my daughter prom stuff yet?!" He yelled as my mom walked back into the living room.

"Mikey, lower your voice in my damn house." She spoke seriously as he looked at me and chuckled.

"I still know exactly how to get under her skin." He said to me as I smiled.

"We were supposed to go shopping but you rose from the dead, throwing everybody off." She sassed as we laughed.

"Alright, babygirl. Your dad got you." He said to me and I nodded.

**

2 hours later

Amaru

As I stood in the store, my phone rang.

"Yes, baby." I answered without looking at the caller ID, already knowing it was Riley.

"Hi." She giggled.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Nothing, I haven't talked to you today. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." She said to me and I face palmed myself, realizing I hadn't acknowledged her today even though she'd been the only thing on my mind since I woke up.

"I'm sorry, Ri. I'm just a little busy." I explained to her.

"What are you up to?" She asked, suspiciously.

"I'm shopping." I said into the phone as I looked around the jewelry store.

"Shopping?" She asked surprised.

"Yeah." I laughed, softly.

"You, Amaru, shopping?" She asked again.

"Yeah, I have to get stuff for prom." I said to her, lying a bit.

"Me too." She admitted into the phone.