Chapter Twelve: Yeah. That's Why.

"What should I wear to a concert?" I thought to myself, staring at my reflection. There is so much to choose from and I want to wear my best, this concert is a special moment I'll never get the chance to experience again. I make my way to my closet and contemplate on what I should wear.

"I want to wear my denim jacket, but there's nothing to go with it. Hmm, maybe a dress?" I bring the dress to my bathroom and tried it on. "Nope, it's not a picnic I'm going to."

After many countless outfits I've tried, it was just not working out. I decide to FaceTime Delilah so she could help me with an outfit.

"Hey Manda, what's up? How's your day?" She answered with her dog sitting on her lap.

"It's nice, but my outfit isn't. Can you help me find something for the concert?" I show her the outfits I tried on. "So I have this, this, this, this, and this."

From the screen, I saw Delilah was shaking her head at each and every one of them. "Do you perhaps have any bomber jackets or a crop top?"

"Uh, yeah. I showed you them already."

"Huh, probably didn't see them with your mismatched outfits."

My mouth grew wide of disbelief. "I didn't know you knew what those are, judging from the looks of yours."

"Fair enough."

Delilah told me to wear a pink bomber jacket with a grey crop top to go with the black skinny jeans I already had on. I chose white Filas as my shoes and plucked off a pair of sunglasses from the stands for the burning outdoors. Just when the doorbell rang, I still haven't found socks. "Crap, where the hell are my socks?"

I shout to mother to see if she by any chance had some.

"What do you mean? I don't wear socks at all."

I froze on my tracks. That's where all the smell is coming from! "Only you, mother. Only you."

Out of nowhere, Lena pops out from one of my gigantic flower pots. "Actually-"

Before I get even more carried away, I open the door to see who was there. It was Van waiting for me with a bouquet of flowers bundled up with some chocolate roses.

"Oh hey, I was starting to think you weren't home and about to leave."

"It's fine. Come in, I don't want you waiting with the hot climate." After I closed the door after him, I went straight to the laundry room. Crap! My laundry was still running and my mother must've probably did them not too long ago. I look at my laundry bin to see if there were any lucky ones but there was nothing in it. I made my way to my room once again and search for some in my closet.

"Amanda? What's taking so long?" I hear Van ask from the living room.

"I can't find socks." I respond back.

"It's okay, you don't have to wear socks with sandals."

"I'm not wearing sandals! You don't understand, I cannot not wear socks with tennis shoes."

"And why is that? You can wear the ones I brought with me. I forgot to tell you that you left some at my house the other day."

"I just can't, okay? And why would I leave socks... at... your... house..."

"Yeah. That's why."

We both became silent.

"Come on," Van leads me to the door, breaking the silence. "Have some fun today, we're going to a freaking concert. Let's not have anything ruin our day."

Once we entered his Maserati, I got the socks he was talking about and put them and my shoes on. It took about thirty minutes to reach our destination. When we went inside the arena, it was crowded but manageable. At least the air conditioning was working.

We found our seats and a few minutes later, the concert started. It was great, a girl in front of me fainted, someone stepped on my shoes, a group of people bumped into us, almost having us spill our drinks on ourselves, we saw Cara and Blake, but overall, I was hungry.

I begged Van to take us to a fast food restaurant and it may have possibly been better than the concert.

After we practically ate our dinner, Van dropped me off. I went up to my room and showered. Once I wore my shorts and a tank, I went inside my mother's restroom to get what I needed. Then I went back to my restroom and did the unmentioned.

Just a few more minutes, I told myself as I walked back and forth. When the timer was up, I rushed to pull out the stick.

"I knew it."