Chapter Eleven: I Don't Want To Do This

Tomorrow was the assembly and I was now very nervous because I never had to do anything like this before. I text Van to tell him I don't want to do this anymore.

Me: Hey Van I don't think I can do the you know what with Scarlett tomorrow but I don't want to let her down.

Van: Then don't do it. You aren't letting her down.

Me: Are you mad at me from Thursday?

Van: I'm not mad babe. Don't worry.

Me: ok. :)

Two hours later Van shows up at my doorstep unexpectedly. I text him after he rings the doorbell to see what he is doing here.

Me: What are you doing here?

Van: I have a surprise for you. Hurry up and get dressed so we can go!

Me: Ok??

Twenty minutes later Van pulls up to a very fancy restaurant. After we finished eating he gave me the best gift I could have at the moment. He got me tickets to my favorite singer's concert next week!

"OH MY GOSH VAN! Thank you so much." I say while smiling.

"Your welcome Princess. That's not all though."

"What do you mean?"

"I got two tickets so I could come with you."

It was finally the day of the assembly. I wasn't nervous anymore because I convinced Van to do it with me. Van and I sat in the back doing the editing of the camera footage while Scarlett was waiting for her dad to call her up.

Mr. Adams walks up to his podium. "Good morning students. Welcome to the first assembly of this school year. Usually an assembly is supposed to be something good at a school like this but it has come to my attention that some of my students can't follow some simple instructions from me. Can someone tell me why?"

"Because no one likes you. You are rude and a terrible principal and your daughter is terrible too. I used to wonder why she was so rude but I guess I can't question that because of who raised her." A random student shouts.

"Well since you think so highly of us you have just earned yourself two days of Out of School Suspension and a week of In School Suspension when you return. Anyone want to join her?"

The crowd was silent until they shouted, "No!"

"Good. Now let me continue.... I have come to know that some of you guys can't keep your lips off of others. So after Scarlett gives her presentation I will forever ban hugging, kissing and locker sets with another gender. The only people who's life gets to remain the same are Scarlett's of course, Amanda Davenport's, Van Royce, Delilah Rivers and August Nolan. Anyone else will immediately get ISS for a week. Now let me welcome my daughter Scarlett for her presentation." Mr. Adams says before he sits on a chair.

"Hey fellow classmates. As many of you may know, I'm Scarlett Adams and I was dating Blake Goodwin just a few days ago. One week ago, I stopped being friends with Cara Jac.... Ca... C...." Scarlett tries to finish her sentence but someone from the crowd kept interrupting her.

"Where are you going with this lame child story?" Cara hollers.

"Do you want ISS too?" Mr. Adams asks.

"I honestly don't care Mr. Adams." Cara responds.

"Ok, when this assembly is over, meet me in my office. You may continue Scarlett."

Scarlett takes a deep breath before she continues her story. "So I stopped being friends with Cara Jacobs and then a few days later I catch her kissing my boyfriend with no care. I also see Blake kissing Cara back. Amanda and Van will now show you what I saw just a few days ago in the hallway." Scarlett says as she walks away.

As Van and I play the video from the hallway cameras all the people in the gym give Cara and Blake ugly looks.

The next few days were hard for Cara and Blake but today was finally the day Van and I go to my favorite singers concert!!