She bit her lip, thinking. Finally, "Nothing. I'm just glad you're okay" she said, rising to her feet. We stood there for a minute or two, her eyes scanning me with a look I hadn't seen on her before. 

Then, out of nowhere, she pulled me into a hug. Really tightly. My eyes grew wide, my body stiff with shock. Before I could hug back, or address her worry, she walked to the door. "See you at the party!" she smiled, and just like that she was gone.

-

I plopped down on the couch, letting a few teenage movies play while I scrolled through my phone, in preparation for the approaching party. Lame, I know, but I had never been to one and I was not going to embarrass myself. 

When the clock finally reached five, after I thought it never would, I went upstairs and took a shower.

Five minutes later, I stood in front of my closet, towel wrapped around my waist. I decided on black jeans, vans, and a white collared shirt. I put on some of my dad's cologne, before adding a little gel to my hair. Then, as all party goers do, I took a two-hour nap due to my lack of sleep from the previous night. I had to be ready for a crazy night. 

Finally, it was time to go. Then I realized I didn't have a car which meant I didn't have a ride to the party. I called Emma to get a ride but no answer just a text in return.

Emma: 'Im so sorry, I am going to be a little late but I will try my best to get there asap' 

Luckily, I got Sam to give me a ride. We rode in his convertible with some rap song blasting and the doors off. "You ready my man?" Sam asked me when I got in the car, only turning down the radio a little bit. "Ready as I'll ever be," I said under my breath, giving Sam an enthusiastic smile.

When we finally go to the house, I hopped out of the car, walking on the lawn that was already littered with plastic cups. The rap music had resulted in me getting a huge headache and due to Sam's driving a little car sickness. I stopped, looking up at the house. Jake's house was three times the size of my house. No wonder he held the parties. 

It was a gorgeous, stone house that resembled a castle. It towered above us as we approached, teenagers every which way. I could catch a glimpse of the backyard where a group of kids were dancing, the blue glow of a large pool illuminating them all. 

Sam caught up with me, offering me a reassuring glance before we stepped into the house. Immediately I was hit with cloudy air that reeked of alcohol and drugs. I knew those smells very well, considering that when my mom was home, she was worried about my dad which meant lots of booze. The second thing I noticed how jam-packed it was: there were people everywhere. We were all packed together like a mosh pit

Some making out, some dancing, some drinking, some smoking. You name it, someone here was probably doing it. 

I noticed a girl looking at me from across the room, my eyes narrowing. I looked to Sam for answers, his green eyes meeting mine. "That's Missy People. Let's just say she....gets around. A lot. Like a lot. No hate or anything, but, I mean, it's gotten so bad no guys even hook up with her really" Sam said loudly in order for me to hear it over the music. 

I nodded, taking note. Good to know. I laughed, giving him a nod in response before surveying the crowd. I checked my phone, disappointment sinking in my stomach. Still no update from Emma. 

I walked through the crowd, eventually losing Sam. I spun in a circle, trying to spot him. It should be easy, considering he was so tall. I expected to see his brown head of hair just towering over everyone. But the dark, murky scene just blended everyone together.