Firelord/Zuko x Reader Epilogue

(As a continuation of the first Firelord/Zuko x Reader one-shot in the series)

~~~

Y/N - Your Name

"Would everyone just stop moving? I'm trying to capture the moment!" Sokka shouted randomly. You tensed up, trying your best not to move a muscle. A quick glance around the room and you realized you were the only one who actually froze. Shifting out of that weird walking pose, you set down the cup in front of Toph.

"Thanks." She took the tea and moved towards Sokka.

"I wanted to make a painting, so that we'd remember our great time together." Sokka continued.

"Aw, that's so sweet." Katara leaned over his shoulder and her expression changed in a instant. "Why do I have Momo's ears?"

"Those are your hair loopies!"

"At least you don't look like a porcupine. My hair's not that spiky!" Zuko complained loudly.

You giggled as Toph shouted, "Well I think you all look perfect!" Your feet bounced off the wood floor as you jogged over to see what you looked like in the photo. Leaning over the picture, you tried to look at it upside-down.

"Don't worry, you're in it too!" Sokka enthusiastically pointed to a figure in the painting. You swallowed hard and felt heat rush to your face. He made you look so tiny! And why were you carrying a tea tray on your head?

"Hey, I'm not that short! Also, is that tea on my head?" You crossed your arms as Sokka, Suki, and Toph laughed. You even got a smile and a chuckle from Zuko!

"You're barely taller that Toph - OW!" Sokka's hand flew to his forehead where a pebble had just hit him. Probably Toph's doing.

"He isn't wrong, Y/N." Zuko stated. You shot him a look, warning him to stop there, he seemed completely unfazed. "Out of all of us, yours is the most accurate." You weren't a firebender, but everyone could practically see the steam rising from your head.

"I'm travel-sized and you know it!" You shouted indignantly at the Firelord. He held up calloused hands in mock-surrender and you turned up your nose. At that moment, Momo leaped onto Sokka's shoulder. Wasn't Aang playing with him a minute ago? You looked around the shop, not finding the Avatar anywhere. Actually, Katara was missing too. You walked towards the balcony where you found them making out. You clapped a hand over your mouth to muffle your surprise. You certainly didn't want to bother them. Has anyone else noticed what was going on? Two warm hands landed softly on your shoulders as Zuko whispered.

"So that's where they went." His voice sent shivers up your spine. "Who do you think is breaking off next, then?" You smirked and turned your chin so your face was to the side.

"I've placed my bets."

"Me too." Zuko replied. "Do you think if we go now, everyone else will notice we're gone before them?"

"Only one way to find out." At that, Zuko guided you back behind the swinging doors, excitement building with every step. Neither of you bothered to close the door quietly. In fact, that was the furthest thing from your mind as Zuko pinned you against the wall in the furthest part of the shop. He towered over you, so you tried to stand on your toes to reach him. Didn't work.

"Haha. We didn't think this through." You laughed to mask your disappointment. Zuko looked away, seeming to be thinking of a possible solution. He was too tall to do this normally. You just had to find a way to make yourself taller.

Actually, you had a better idea.

"Pick me up."

"What?" Zuko asked.

"You heard me. Pick me up." You replied hastily. "It'll make me taller." Zuko smirked and did as you asked. You felt the pressure of his hands underneath your legs and ran your fingers through his hair. Then, his lips were on yours and sparks danced behind your closed eyes. You moved together rhythmically, playing two different songs in your minds with the same tempo.

"Where did Zuko and Y/N go?" You heard Suki ask in the other room.

"What about Aang and Katara? They're not here either..." Sokka added. You couldn't help it. Laughter bubbled up from your chest and you had to stop kissing Zuko just to keep the giggles contained.

"Looks like we won." Zuko commented, glancing at the door separating the store and back room. He let you down carefully and your legs wobbled a bit.

"We should look for them. The fireworks will be starting soon." Suki's footsteps seemed to echo as she walked toward the door you and Zuko were hiding behind.

She stopped short of the door as Toph interrupted. "I'm sure they'll find us later. Lets just start getting ready." You doubled over, laughing silently into your palm. Even Zuko chuckled a little bit.

"Lets see if we can find a way around the back." Zuko whispered. You nodded and reached for his hand. Entwining your fingers in his, you led him out the back tea garden Iroh kept and towards the front where the Avatar's sky bison was waiting. Before rounding the corner, Zuko paused. Your heart fluttered as he raised your hand, still clasped to his, and pressed it softly to his lips. You stared after him as he left to meet the rest of the Gaang.

"Zuko, there you are!" Aang called out. "Hurry up, we'll miss the fireworks." Zuko climbed to the saddle and looked back, gazing at you as the bison rose into the evening sky.

I already saw them. You thought to yourself as you waved, wind from the bison's airbending ruffling your clothes and hair.

~~~
Hey readers! I'm sorry for the long wait, but I wanted to make this one perfect. I had a couple others either fully written or halfway finished, but decided to go with this idea. What did y'all think about this one? It's a continuation of the first one-shot I wrote in this book. Kind of a poetic finish, right? Anyways, I'm so happy y'all liked this book and I'm going to miss writing for this. Y'all have been amazing and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading this and supporting me.

Stay flamin' y'all!