Haru x Reader Part 2

^^^Used this gif because it's just so funny and adorable and this scene is legit gold.

Requested by: Dayelight and Scriptwriter___

~~~

Y/N - Your Name

You sat across from your boyfriend, clutching your skirt tightly under the table.

"So... you're leaving again?" You asked cautiously, hoping it wasn't true.

"Yes." Haru replied. With that your heart sank into your stomach and tears pricked at your eyes. He'd only gotten back a couple months ago, and he was leaving again. Not only that, but he was headed straight to the Fire Nation. The Fire Nation. You feared them. You hated them. You hated the guards who'd bullied the town, you hated the warden who created the prison close enough to see but too far to reach, and the soldiers who rounded up Haru and the other earthbenders. You hated them all, and Haru was going to go to their capital. You stood quickly, banging your knees on the table in the process.

"How can you say that so calmly? You're going to the heart of the Fire Nation... the hometown of the people that put you in prison just for being born an earthbender!" You shouted. You knew it wasn't fair to shout, and you knew he'd go anyway. You just didn't want to imagine something going wrong during the raid. Haru made his way to you and instantly wrapped his arms around you. You sank into embrace, and could no longer hold back the tears. You threw your arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder.

"It's okay, I know. Don't worry, I'm not going. I want to stay here with you, and if we can't, then we can always escape together." Haru reassured you. The weight on your heart practically disappeared. You looked up at Haru. Something was a little off. It had only been two months, but he still looked so much more mature. He'd grown out that mustache, which you had mixed feelings about. Still... in that moment, you felt like you did when Haru returned home the first time. You sighed and leaned into him as his arms held you tighter. "But that's not what happened, is it, Y/N?" Your expression shifted.

"What?"

"That's not what happened." He repeated.

"I don't understand. Haru, what's wrong?"

"You warned me, but I went anyway. I wanted to end the war. Even my father was going, and I wanted to be a part the change that led to peace." He explained.

"But... you just said you weren't going to go..." Fear gripped your heart and wouldn't let go. "You stayed here."

"That's not what happened."

"Haru, what are you trying to say?" You asked, your voice shaking.

"I went anyway. We timed it perfectly. The only problem was that we had to be up the mountain before the eclipse."

"The mountain... what are you talking about?" Haru's skin started to heat up.

"To get there, we had to fight past several battlements and posts at the beach and all the way to the palace. The hardest part was when we had to fight on foot." Haru's skin got hotter.

"Haru... you're burning up." You looked down at his arms and quickly wished you hadn't. They were burning, peeling, and blistering. It was like he'd been set on fire. Fire...

"Now you understand. Y/N, I'm so sorry. I couldn't avoid them all." The realization hit you, and the tears flowed like never-ending streams from your eyes. You didn't want to see his face. You didn't want to take the chance that those warm eyes were cold. Something compelled you to look, though. What you saw scared you even more than you'd thought.

"Your boy's gone, and now there's just me." The deep voice chilled you to your core, bringing back memories you'd worked hard to forget. You fought to escape the soldier's grip, but he only pulled you closer. He laughed as he slid his hand way too far down your back. You jumped when he grabbed you, causing him to laugh even louder. "Just like you used to! You know, you really haven't changed a bit. Although, maybe now that the child is gone you can be with me again."

"I was never with you, now let me go!" You squirmed and struggled. Suddenly, you were turned around. While still trapped, at least you could breathe. You looked ahead of you and screamed. Lying at your feet was a body, almost completely scorched. There was no mistaking it. "No! Haru!" You screamed. You continued to scream his name, despite knowing that it wouldn't wake him. You couldn't stop.

"Y/N." You froze. "Y/N." There it was again. Haru's voice. "Wake up." What? His voice became clearer. "Y/N, wake up!" Your eyes flew open and you sat up too quickly, making you dizzy. "Woah, easy." You blinked. That voice... it couldn't be... "I'm sorry to wake you in the middle of the night, but I just got back and I wanted to come see you and you started screaming and-" You turned your head sharply in his direction. Haru? Your boyfriend stared back at you, love and concern shining in his eyes despite the dark. You didn't realize you were crying until Haru brought his hand to your cheek and wiped away the tears. You let out a cry from deep inside you and practically jumped into Haru's arms. You held him tighter than before, just to be sure you weren't still dreaming. He held you just as tightly as you did him. "I'm so sorry it took so long. The invasion failed so the youngest of the group retreated to the Western Air Temple with the Avatar until the Firelord's daughter attacked us then we had to leave again so I started making my way back but I practically had to cross the whole Earth Kingdom and-" You cut him off, pressing your lips against his. It didn't matter what'd happened right now. He was alive, and he was here. You put all of you loneliness, your fear, and your happiness into your kiss. Of course he happily, and quickly, returned it. After the kiss had ended, he pressed his forehead against yours.

"Haru?" You started after a minute.

"Hm?"

"Don't leave." Haru held your face gently, smiling.

"I won't. I'm here to stay."

~~~

Hey readers! So, I actually finished this one! Yay! I know it's been a while since the first Haru x Reader. Hehe... sorry about that. Well, this is it for the night! Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!

And as always, Stay flamin'!