Jet x Reader

Y/N – Your Name

L/N – Last Name

You were casually strolling through the woods near your Fire Nation colony in the Earth Kingdom. You heard movement to your left and a young hog monkey trotted out of the bushes. It rushed over to a small pile of leechee nuts on the forest floor. Leechee nuts don't fall in even piles, you thought. Within a second, a steel trap closed around the hog monkey, making it scream in surprise. You jumped back right into another trap behind you. You felt the metal close around you and with a shriek you were lifted high off the ground.

You sat in that steel trap for hours. You had long since eaten your leechee nuts and you were starving. Suddenly, you heard a voice above you.

"Well, what do we have here?" You looked up to see a young boy in the trees. Odd, you thought, I'm sure I heard a girl's voice. The boy looked at your red tunic and grey skirt. He was wearing earth kingdom colors. Damn. It wasn't the greatest time for a fire nation girl to be trapped by and earth kingdom boy. "A fire nation girl trapped in one of the traps set by the fire nation. I'd laugh at the irony if..." He trailed off. "No, I'll still laugh." He laughed loudly.

"Hey, Smellerbee!" A much deeper voice called from the forest floor. "Are you going to drop it or not?"

"Hey!" You called out. You were not an "it".

"Alright Princess, time to go." Smellerbee said. Before you could protest he pulled a knife and cut the rope holding your trap in the air. You screamed as you prepared to die. Before you hit the ground, your trap stopped falling. The momentum caused you to hit your head against the metal, and you blacked out.

~

"She's waking up."

"Yes, I can see that The Duke. Not so close."

"Okay, okay. Wait, she's opening her eyes." You opened your eyes to see a face an inch away from yours. You screamed and the kid jumped back. You assumed he was The Duke. He was probably about five years of age, and seemed to have a constant trail of snot dripping out of his nose. You were lying on your back, and your head was propped against something soft. When you tried to sit up, spots exploded in front of your eyes. You clutched your head and collapsed against whatever your head was lying on.

"Ow!" Someone shouted behind you. You tilted your head back to see you're head was in the lap of another boy. You felt his stomach against the top of your head and realized how far back in his lap you were. You cringed and moved away from the boy. "Why'd you do that? That hurts, a lot." The boy eyed you. Now that you could properly see him, he looked just older than you, and was insanely handsome in a rugged way.

"I didn't know I was in your lap! It's your fault you put me there." You shouted. You turned to hide your blush. Embarrassing. The boy stood and extended two long, curved swords.

"Then I guess we'll have to settle this... um, what's your name?" He asked. You bowed your head, hoping you looked non-threatening.

"Y/N. Y/N L/N..." You said hesitantly. You looked up to see the tip of one of the swords the boy was holding fly inches away from your face. You jumped back.

"Get her, Jet!" Smellerbee screamed from the sidelines. The Duke and the boy with the deep voice from earlier were standing next to her with another kid holding a bow and arrow. The more Jet tried to draw blood, the further back you would jump. He was leading you somewhere. You looked around for some sort of weapon, but there wasn't anything around to help you. You felt something hard against your back. Jet had backed you into a wide tree. Before you could escape, Jet threw his swords into the tree on either side of you. You were trapped.

"Wait, wait." You breathed out. Jet moved closer until he grasped the end of each sword. There was barely a foot's length between you. You shrunk against the tree trunk. You flinched as he ripped out one of his swords.

"Wow. You're easy to scare." Jet laughed. You looked at him in shock. He raised an eyebrow and smirked at you. That was a ruse? "I know you're harmless."

"What? Jet!" Smellerbee protested. He shot the boy a look you didn't quite catch. You were still glad you weren't dead or worse.

"She's unarmed." He replied.

"She's Fire Nation! Remember what they did to you?" Smellerbee shouted.

"Of course I remember!" Jet snapped. "But she didn't do anything. Besides, she was caught in a Fire Navy trap. If she wanted to ambush us, she would have." He smirked at you. You looked away to keep from melting. "Don't mind Smellerbee. She has her own dark spirits." You nodded. Wait, SHE? You gaped at Smellerbee. You had no idea. I'll apologize to her later. You thought. "Want to see the hideout?" Jet asked.

"Yeah, sure." You replied distractedly. Jet smiled and quickly wrapped one arm around your waist. You snapped back to reality.

"Lets go then." He said. You blushed fiercely and looked away. "You'll want to hold on." You looked up at him quizzically as he wrapped a long rope around his wrist. You smiled and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"What's the rope for?" You asked.

"It takes us to the hideout." Jet replied.

"And, where is that?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Up" Jet answered quietly.

~

Hey everyone! I had a lot of fun writing this one, but it took a lot of time. I'm sorry for the late post, and I'll try to do better. Thanks for being faithful readers! 300 Reads!!! Thanks everyone! Please comment and request characters and stories. I want to write what you all want to read.

L'shana Tovah and Stay Flamin'!